Jake's First Day of Preschool & Fourth Birthday.

Jake started preschool on the Monday before his birthday. He was so excited! I wanted to capture a little bit of that first morning. It's so strange to me that I have a child old enough to go to preschool! I mean, he's ready and I'm ready, but it still feels a little surreal.

Even though he's a big boy, he still loves having a sippy cup of milk in the morning and still holds his ear like he has since he was a baby.
Major, less than impressed as usual.
Jake also likes doing his hair, so I decided to let him for his first day. I may have helped a little, but he's so proud that I usually just let him have at it.
I couldn't resist a classic first-day portrait, either. Jake is sensitive, kind, creative, and loves Star Wars (even though he's never seen any of the movies). He wants to be a fireman when he grows up. He tells us, "When I'm a grown up and I'm a fireman, you can call me when your house is on fire." Thanks, bud.

He also learned how to buckle himself in. Another thing I was ready for, and I know that part of being a mom is teaching independence, but then it's there and you realize that's one less thing they need you for.
This is a before of the bike we got Jake for his birthday. I found it on Craigslist. It's a good bike, but the white paint was scratched and scuffed, and the handle grips needed to be replaced. It turned out looking great, but I didn't get a new picture of it after I finished.
We invited our family that lives close by to have cake the night before Jake's birthday. He wanted a vanilla cake with vanilla frosting this year, and again wanted berries and sprinkles to decorate it.


On his actual birthday, we went to Joe's BBQ and cashed in on his birthday freebie there. Afterward we walked over to the water tower splash pad and let the boys play.

He's never far from mom in new situations.
And Jake could play all day if we let him. He loves new places and making new "friends" everywhere he goes. I love his passion for life even if it exhausts my introverted self.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)