How We Wore It: I didn't wear neutrals!


Time for another round of "How We Wore It!" In case you missed last month, this is a monthly link-up where we create an outfit using things we own, based on an inspiration image. If you want to, you can sign up for next month here! Today's inspiration is the outfit below from Chic Street Style.


When I saw the inspiration outfit, I immediately knew which top I would wear. I fell in love with this bright red top I got from ThredUp, which is, ironically H&M. I didn't think about that when we snapped these pictures at Scottsdale Fashion Square, but I suppose it's fitting! Anyway, the top. It's knit, so it's super comfortable, but it's more structured and has a bit of weight to it, so it feels dressier. I paired it with some Paige jeans, also from ThredUp. They're $150 retail, and I snagged them for $30. They were originally flares and after wearing them that way for a little while, I decided to make them skinnies. I've since altered them a bit more after seeing these pictures. But I love the way they fit! I don't think I will be able to buy Old Navy jeans ever again. If you haven't given ThredUp a try, use my referral link and get a free $10 to spend! Also, sign up for their emails because they send 10-20% discount codes and free shipping codes pretty regularly.

My bag is JoTotes, so it's a camera bag and purse. I had wanted one of these for a very long time and finally got one last fall. I love it! I am not someone who has multiple bags for different purposes, so having one great bag even if it's a little more expensive made sense for me. Also, I really needed something to protect my camera when I'm out and about.
This outfit definitely fits my formula of comfy, loose top + jeans. To make it a little dressier, I was inspired to add a statement necklace. I have a weird sensory thing about heavy jewelry (sometimes even delicate jewelry) around my neck, so it's not something I wear often. You can bet I took it off first thing when I got home. I definitely think it pulled the outfit together, though.

Anyway, this has been a fun little experiment. Thanks for indulging me! Check out these other ladies, too:
Deidre at Deidre Emme
Kyla at FordOlogy
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Berkley at Here in the Now
Alyssa at Impractical Composition
Autumn at Stay gold Autumn
Hannah at Simply Hannah Sneed
Jessica at Mason Jars and Lemon Bars
Paige at The Happy Flammily
Brielle at Breezy & Co.
Alexa at He & I
Brooke at Silver Lining
Sierra at Sierra's View
Madeline at CaseyLand
Susan at Sue's News
Bonnie at The Life of Bon
Ashley at Absolutely Ashley
Bekah at These Are The Days
Robin at Penn & Quill
Kylie at Love Always, Kylie

PS, my sister took these pictures and I edited them.

12 comments :

  1. Love this color! A popular one for this months HWWI. Your bag is super cute to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like we interpreted this outfit the same (: love your style and cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you styled this look! I have a necklace that I wear just like that basically everyday of my life, so I love it!


    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. DARLING! loving that cute necklace too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love your take on the outfit. Love the red shirt and the necklace!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look beautiful! I love the simplicity of your outfit. Definitely something I would wear, too.

    Sue//susanstange.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that top! I say embrace the bright colors. They look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have heard so much about ThredUp lately!! I love that top. I haven't gone shopping at H& M in so long... actually I haven't gone shopping for clothes anywhere in so long. Dang, I need to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  9. a lot of people went with red for this post. i love it! thred up seems to be a common theme around here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute outfit and I love how you ended styling it- great sandals!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)