Way back when, I used to blog "recipes." That's in quotes because they were so easy they could barely be called a recipe---mostly a method. That's just how I cook! This is one of those things, but I took pictures so I might as well share. These were inspired by @laurenbhealth on Instagram, but I couldn't find her recipe so I made up my own. You'll need the above ingredients, plus pizza dough and cheese. (Full recipe at the bottom of the post).
This is storebought dough from Trader Joes (bless that establishment). It's whole wheat and easy. You could make your own, but....why?
All done! He was sooo excited to eat them!
Here are the details!
Pizza Rollups (or Pinwheels)
1 pkg Trader Joe's Refrigerated Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (found near the produce)
1 C shredded mozarella cheese
1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded on a box grater
1 can Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
1 handful baby spinach
1. In a food processor, combine the canned tomatoes, handful of spinach, and shredded carrot with a couple tablespoons of water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.
2. Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface. Spread with sauce (you'll only use about half) and shredded cheese. Roll into a log, lengthwise.
3. Cut the log into 1" slices using a piece of floss or thread. Slide it under the log, cross, and pull.
4. Place rolls onto a baking sheet and bake according to instructions on dough package. I think it was about 12 minutes at 375*F.
5. Allow to cool a couple minutes, and enjoy!