pizza rollups.

Way back when, I used to blog "recipes." That's in quotes because they were so easy they could barely be called a recipe---mostly a method. That's just how I cook! This is one of those things, but I took pictures so I might as well share. These were inspired by @laurenbhealth on Instagram, but I couldn't find her recipe so I made up my own. You'll need the above ingredients, plus pizza dough and cheese. (Full recipe at the bottom of the post).

This is storebought dough from Trader Joes (bless that establishment). It's whole wheat and easy. You could make your own, but....why?

The "sauce" looked kinda like Italian salsa, but it turned out tasty!

We are definitely a cheese-loving family. He learned to sneak cheese from both of us.

All done! He was sooo excited to eat them!

Jake actually took this picture himself! He's become very interested in using my camera and it makes me exceedingly anxious every time. My new lens is kinda heavy, but I don't want to squash his interest. We compromise by me having one hand under the lens. Our whole family gobbled these up!

Here are the details!

Pizza Rollups (or Pinwheels)

1 pkg Trader Joe's Refrigerated Whole Wheat Pizza Dough (found near the produce)
1 C shredded mozarella cheese
1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded on a box grater
1 can Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic
1 handful baby spinach

1. In a food processor, combine the canned tomatoes, handful of spinach, and shredded carrot with a couple tablespoons of water. Add salt and pepper to taste. Blend until smooth.

2. Roll out the dough into a rectangle on a floured surface. Spread with sauce (you'll only use about half) and shredded cheese. Roll into a log, lengthwise.

3. Cut the log into 1" slices using a piece of floss or thread. Slide it under the log, cross, and pull.

4. Place rolls onto a baking sheet and bake according to instructions on dough package. I think it was about 12 minutes at 375*F.

5. Allow to cool a couple minutes, and enjoy!



1 comment :

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)