How We Wore It: Spring Stripes (aka: My Momiform)

I rarely grace the pages of my own blog, but you can consider this post making up for all of that. 

In a bold, uncharacteristic move, I signed up for a monthly fashion collaboration. I'm pretty much unqualified for it, but I thought it could be fun, and....uh...good for me to step outside my comfort zone. I'm all about that lately it seems. 

"How We Wore It" is a monthly collaboration started by Brooke, and now hosted by Deidre. Each participant is sent the same inspiration photo and given the charge to come up with a look based on the photo, using what is already in our closets. Here's this month's totally gorgeous look from Mint Arrow:
 Isn't she beautiful? I loved the casual aspect of her outfit. I am definitely pro-casual and comfortable. ALSO, hugely pro-stripes. I love stripes. When I was growing up, my mom always told me that horizontal stripes weren't flattering. I think it's a generation thing, because I've learned the error of her ways and taught her the new school of thought: stripes are everything.

Now, I could have replicated this outfit fairly closely. I have a striped dress. I have a jacket (it's denim). Buuuut, if I'm being completely honest, I don't wear dresses when I'm nursing. It's just not for me, plus it's a little warm for a jacket here. SO, I wore my favorite striped shirt, my favorite cutoff shorts, and.....

....my new shoes (insert monkey covering its face emoji). I know I was supposed to use things already in my closet, but when I saw the inspiration image, I remembered that my only sneakers have giant holes in them. Since I've been needing new ones anyway, I decided to get some before this post, instead of after. Thanks for the excuse to buy new shoes, Deidre!

In all honesty, I'm a bit of a cheapskate/under-buyer. I have one pair of each kind of shoes I wear, in general (the only real duplicates being sandals...because, Arizona). In the past year or two, I've been learning the value of quality items. Since I don't usually have multiples of shoes, doesn't it make sense that the few I buy are high quality enough that I don't have to replace them yearly (or more)? I tend to buy cheap shoes and wear them until they fall apart, which isn't usually long. This time, I spent about double what I normally would, and I can already tell the difference in quality and comfort. Now, I'm still a bargain-hunter, so you can bet I used a coupon on these bad boys. Famous Footwear has 15% off fairly regularly. These cute Vans actually have tiny gray stripes, which is, of course, right up my alley.






Since I'm committed to being real, I will have you know that I did not curl my hair or put on makeup until 10 minutes before taking these pictures. I did, however, wear this outfit all day. It's pretty much my favorite outfit and I usually wear something of the same--loose shirt, jeans, and sandals or sneakers. Comfortable, easy to move in, and uncomplicated.

 (Shirt is Old Navy, old / Shorts are cut off Gap jeans, even older / Shoes are Vans, via Famous Footwear / watch is Arvo, old / Necklace is Made by Mary, gift)

Check out the other ladies for this month below, and sign up with Deidre if you'd like to join the next round!

Deidre at Deidre Emme
Katelyn at The Suitcase Blonde
Amy at Harris inc.
Madeline at CaseyLand
Rachel at Rachel Sayumi
Amber at Amber Nicole Blogs
Brooke at Silver Lining
Berkley at Here in the Now
Kyla at FordOlogy
Robin at Penn & Quill
Ashley at Absolutely Ashley
Autumn at Stay gold Autumn
Aubrey at Aubrey Zaruba
Sierra at Sierra's View
Brooklyn at Brooklyn Jolley
Alyssa at Impractical Composition
Tayler at The Morrell Tale
Justine at Little Dove Creations
Bekah at These Are The Days
Kylie at Love Always, Kylie

5 comments :

  1. You gorgeous girl you. I've been in the market for a watch just like that for years. Maybe it's finally time to bite the bullet and buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so stinkin' cute. I LOVE me some stripe shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are freaking beautiful, girlfriend. Love how you turned the dress look into your momiform. Looking killer. Thanks for joining in on HWWI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. even though we're not really supposed to, i've been known to buy a new things for these collabs in the past:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bit of a cheapskate/under-buyer as well, although I like to think of it as frugal , lol. Love the new shoes you got and the outfit looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)