Easter.

Easter! We try really hard to keep the commercial side on the DL. Jake has no clue who the Easter Bunny is, the candy is pretty much non-existent, and we try to focus on Christ. I think next year I want to start some "Holy Week" traditions for the week leading up to the holiday. This year, Jake got his first CTR ring, and they both got a framed picture and that illustrated scripture stories book. New water bottles, tiny garden shovels, and new bow ties filled their buckets.


I wanted to go to the temple to get some nice pictures of them. Basically....shouldn't have wasted my time and just done them at the church. Oh well! This is pretty much how it went (below).




^^I stayed up until 2:30 am on Sunday finishing the rolls for our Easter dinner and sewing these bow ties. Worth it. Look how handsome they are! And like I told TJ, it's not like I have a girl I can make 527 bows for.....

^^TJ's family came into town for a baby blessing, so we had Easter dinner with them, my family, and my grandparents in our backyard. My grandparents are getting older, and their age is starting to "show," so it was really special to have them with us this year.



^^This is a recent little habit. He does it as if to say "Oh my!" and it's hilarious.
^^That face! That is his stink face that he gives whenever he gets in trouble or doesn't get his way. Completely adorable, I know.

I hid about a dozen empty plastic eggs in plain sight around our backyard. I had originally wanted to put some little pictures depicting the Easter story inside, but I didn't get around to it. They had no clue either way :) That's the nice thing about having little kids....




^^Jake insisted on eeeeeeveryone moving out to the front yard to watch him ride his bike. It worked out because then we could put away the tables, but it was pretty funny.
^^Our rose bushes are completely full of blooms right now. I basically had not touched them once since we moved in, and they were way overgrown and didn't have many blooms. Then in January, I took my dad's shears to them and went to town, cutting them waaaay back. My hard work and two days of sore arms paid off ten fold. They make me so happy every time I see them. I really ought to start a vegetable garden.

All in all, it was a lovely day. I gave the lesson in Relief Society (the women's meeting at church) based on this talk, about discovering your self worth and true identity. It was a very spiritual meeting and I shared some very personal things, but I think I achieved my goal of helping my fellow sisters feel Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for them. I know that Jesus Christ's Atonement covers all--even our feelings of doubt, our feelings of despair, and our lack of faith in ourselves. He knows who we truly are and who we can become, and He loves us without restraint and everlastingly. What beautiful truths! I know He lives, and I owe everything to Him. I hope I can carry these messages in the forefront of my mind. Hallelujah!

1 comment :

  1. These are beautiful pictures. And we did nothing for Iris for Easter this year...something about having a baby the week before, BUT for next year I really want to do something like you did, and really try to focus on Christ. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)