Date Night.

TJ and I have been struggling to go on regular dates lately. I could list the sundry reasons, but truthfully we just haven't made it a priority and have seen the effects of that. Well, TJ's mom called us a couple weeks ago and said she had some vacation hours she needed to use up and wondered if they could borrow Jake for a few days. After a family get-together in Anthem last Saturday, Jake went back to Flagstaff and we went home childless. It was actually really emotional for us both, as we have only been away from him that long once before.

With no child to find a sitter for, we decided to plan some dedicated time together. On Monday, we went to dinner at The Keg, a nice steakhouse that we had gift cards to (thanks Roz & Nat & NAU friends!). We had a delicious dinner and tried to ignore life's stresses and enjoy being together. I got a top sirloin steak with a twice-baked potato, and TJ had their Thai chicken, which came with sauteed peppers and onions, and garlic mashed potatoes. Between our meals and their delicious bread and whipped butter, we were both stuffed. I'm grateful to be legit-pregnant at times like these, to disguise the food baby that results.

Last night, we took the opportunity to go to the temple and do sealings. I always love visits to the temple, even though sealings are a little more difficult when I'm pregnant (and I don't think the sealer noticed that I was). Since it was a Tuesday, we had the opportunity to see my dad and brother, who always go on Tuesday nights.

All in all, I think we made the most of our alone time, but we missed our boy!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)