October 2013.

In October, we took Jake to NAU's Homecoming Parade. He kinda liked it, but I think the loud bands were a little overwhelming. We ran into our friends the Farnsworths (also Jake's babysitters), so we sat with them. They actually told us they were expecting their third baby! My favorite part was the Wells Fargo carriage with the horses.





I've said before that I'm not very into Halloween, but TJ loves it. Having a kid does help to make it more fun for me. I made a couple of simple decorations, which was also fun for me. This year, we went to a couple of trunk-or-treats and Jake was a skeleton. Once again, his costume was last-minute and coincidentally, based on a turtleneck and sweatpants from Walmart. I actually got him ready in the car on our way to the first one, even painting his face and applying the duct-tape bones to the black clothes. He had fun with the people, but didn't really understand the trick-or-treating aspect yet. We plan to go trick-or-treating for real next Halloween, especially because it will be a little warmer.


1 comment :

  1. I love your blog posts.! I too am not totally into Halloween but my kids always loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)