I'm basically a hipster.

I suppose you could call me a dreamer. Since I was a young girl, I've made plans about my dream house. I used to want a secret passage that would lead to a totally awesome underground lair, where I would have a fully functional stable for my horse, a game room, and a TV with my favorite movies. There would be a secret hatch at the front door, so I could open it and my friends could joyfully slide down to join me, as well as one in my room.

The life, I tell you.

Well, I don't think I ever grew out of that dreaming and planning. As I grew a little older, I added on a library, a craft room, a pool, and a playroom for the kids. I would actually draw out floor plans on little 3x5 note-cards with colored pencils. A couple more years down the road, I moved on to thinking about interior decorating. I think I was probably about 14 (pre-Pinterest) when I declared that in my children's room or their playroom, I wanted to paint the bottom half of the walls in chalkboard paint (at the time, two-toned walls with chair-rail all the way around were really popular) (at least where I lived). People scoffed at me, and told me that it would teach my kids bad habits, like drawing on walls. I just wanted to be a fun mom.

Smh. And now, here we are in 2013, and chalkboard walls are the new two-toned chair-railed walls of the present. Flip, people slap chalkboard paint on everything. If that's not teaching those scoundrel children bad habits, I don't know what is.

I was so ahead of my time. Pinterest, eat your heart out.

1 comment :

  1. This post makes me laugh! Haha. You were definitely ahead of the times!

    PS - I totally did (and STILL do) that too! I love drawing out imaginary dream floor plans. I even designed my dream laundry room. I know, I'm an extravagant dreamer..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)