the story of my life in 226 words.

I've decided to follow a little blogging prompt to help me stretch myself in writing, and to document a few random things about life. I won't be linking, but if you'd like to follow that, you can do so here

I was born on a record-breaking, hot day in July, the first child to my wonderful parents. I lived quite a beautiful childhood, when I think about it, full of imagination, creativity, and simple pleasures. I became an older sister twice, to my brother Sheldon and sister Kyndra. When I was 9, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and when I was 11, I was diagnosed with scoliosis. Both of these conditions were not serious, yet they had a great impact on how I viewed myself throughout my teenage years. In junior high I was awkward, yet blissfully happy with the best friends I could ask for. I had a lot of fun in high school, which revolved around my GPA, choir, and my good friends (and some boys).

After I turned 18 in the middle of a hot summer, I retreated to the cool mountain air to attend college at NAU. I grew and learned in innumerable ways, and sought to learn more about myself and my world. At the end of another hot summer, I met a boy named TJ. He stole my heart and we were wed in May. We conquered some tough downs and had some pretty amazing ups, and grew our love and friendship.

On a rainy day last August, we welcomed Jake into our family, and my world has changed forever.

2 comments :

  1. You write so beautifully. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I love it. Especially how well you used descriptive words even with a word count limit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)