a dream come true + living in the moment.

Thank you all for your sincere congratulations and well-wishes. We are so excited and happy for this opportunity for our family.

I wanted to share more of my personal thoughts regarding one aspect that I am most looking forward to:
not working outside of the home.

I'm your typical Mormon girl: my whole life I've wanted to be a "stay-at-home wife and mom." However, it wasn't until I actually became a working mother that I realized it's more than just a want. It's my dream, and it's one of my deepest desires. You see, my job is just...a job. Sometimes it's satisfying, but more often than not, it's rather frustrating.

I probably sound entirely ungrateful when I complain about my job. I really, truly am grateful that for this season of life, I am able to provide for my family. I find great satisfaction when I think about it from that point of view. On the other hand, my job is not really very challenging, it's not very creative, it's uninspiring, and it is usually rather boring or stressful. (How can it be both? Well, we have busy seasons which keep me busy and somewhat stressed, totally inactive and dull periods where I could feasibly accomplish all my tasks in half the time, and then times of "crisis" when something goes wrong and cause me lots of stress.) I have come to know some wonderful people through my job, and have definitely learned some valuable skills and life-lessons, but ultimately, I think my the purpose of my employment at this time was to teach me something: how much more I will value my time at home.

I find myself dreaming of the day when I can accomplish household chores during the day instead of at night when I'm already tired. I find myself longing to be able to participate in the play-dates that the other moms in my area attend, and to not feel quite so guilty when going out for girls' nights. I am already gathering ideas for putting together our new home when we move, and planning for major purging and organizing. I can hardly wait to have a chance to be creative again...to hone and develop skills and talents that I just don't have time for right now. When I hear women complain about the mundane of mother and wife-hood, it makes me wish they could step in my shoes for just a moment. Oh I know it won't all be picture-perfect....but I'm looking forward to it oh so much.

Having said all of that, I really am trying to live in this season, and to cherish those sweet moments now. Jake is growing and developing at lightning speed, and I know there will be some things I will miss about right now. I am already feeling nostalgic about Flagstaff and know I will miss it. But I know more than anything that this is right.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)