a happy list.

I feel like I've been sounding a bit negative lately, but I have so much happiness in my life as well. So, my friend Emma inspired me to write a list of things that are making me happy lately.

+ Jake does this really cute thing lately, where he gets all excited and hugs our necks and then attacks our chin/face/neck/nose with kisses. It is as completely adorable as it sounds.
+ Yesterday I scored big-time on a Buy/Sell/Swap Facebook page, and got yards and yards of beautiful and fun fabric all for a whopping...FREE. I am so excited for some fun projects, and hope it motivates me to actually do them.
+ We have been making efforts to eat healthier and it makes me feel good to feed my family healthy meals.
+ Going on walks with Jake last week when the weather was warmer was so nice. I'm anticipating when it decides to stay warmer....
+ Some very exciting news that I can't share yet.
+ Purchasing (what I hope will be) the perfect gift for TJ's 25th birthday (in May).
+ Sending out postcards and thank you cards using these apps.
+ Planning for the beach in May (I always start craving the beach around February/March when winter just won't let go).
+ These candy bars that I don't have to feel so guilty about eating. I know I'm like a broken record, but when I find something I like, I share. A lot.
+ This blogger creates well-designed, beautiful, LDS-themed printables. I'm a visual learner, and I need constant reminders of principles and messages....so basically I want to print everything and hang it on my walls.

What's making you happy lately?

PS, TJ captured this face that is now one of my favorite pictures of Jake.


5 comments :

  1. That picture of Jake is just absolutely adorable! I can see why it's your favorite! :] And I need to make more of these lists! They really do help me to be so much more positive! Also, I saw your comment to Lauren about those apps and I LOVE them! I downloaded them! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great list! ;) My first 'happy' thought: moving this month. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading about your happy moments makes me happy too:) I can't help but see one item that JUMPS off the page at me though-- "Some very exciting news that I can't share yet." What could it be??? You're making me feel like the most curious and shamefully NOSY person in the world! Sure hope I get to find out soon, but for now I'm happy for you:D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I also want to try that candy now. I've been leaning toward phasing out as much processed junk as possible, and that would help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely idea!! I should do it too because we all have our grumpy days. ha ha And yes, when you move back to the valley can we please just play all the time!! Love you girl! ANd I have yet to try those candy bars...just need to make it to the store and remember!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)