He & I

I blog a lot about our family of three, usually focusing on Jake. This post was fun to do because it reminded me of TJ and I as a couple, from the very early days (because we've been together for ages, you know). A baby changes everything, but it doesn't change where we've been together. So, in honor of the month of love, here's a look at TJ + Kylie.




Basics

1. Who is your man?
Troy James (TJ)

2. How long have you been together?
Since we started dating: About 3.5 years (Holy cow!)

3. Dating/Engaged/Married?
Officially dating Sept. 5, 2009 // Engaged January 27, 2010 // Married May 15, 2010

4. How old is your man?
24

You or your man?

1. Who eats more?
Actually we're usually pretty close to the same, especially since I've been pregnant/breastfeeding.

2. Who said "I love you" first?
TJ, in my apartment, on the couch. I said, "Finally." And then "I love you too," of course.

3. Who weighs more?
TJ

4. Who sings better?
I've had more vocal training, but TJ is not a bad singer by any means.

5. Who's older?
TJ is older by a little more than 2 years.

6. Who's smarter?
I'm more book smart, but TJ is very people, business, and street-smart. I think we're pretty compatible.

7. Who's temper is worse?
Um....TJ's. But I can have one too, if provoked enough.

8. Who does the laundry?
We do it together, usually. Sometimes I do it more, sometimes he does it more.

9. Who does the dishes?
TJ does the dishes more often than I do.

10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
If we're laying down in bed, then TJ sleeps on the right side. No matter what bed we're in. It's been that way since our wedding night, I think.

11. Who's feet are bigger?
TJ's.

12. Who's hair is longer?
Mine. 

13. Who's better with the computer?
TJ is better with PCs, I'm better with Macs. Although, I think I know more about things like html than he does.

14. Who pays the bills?
TJ, usually. Though most of our bills are on auto-pay.

15. Who cooks dinner?
Usually, me. But ever since I got pregnant, TJ has learned his way around the kitchen a little better. He likes to grill for us a lot.

16. Who drives when you are together?
TJ usually does. He tends to get car-sick as a passenger and I'm content to look at the scenery and check on Jake frequently.

17. Who pays when you go out to dinner?
Usually TJ, but it doesn't really matter since we have joint accounts.

18. Who's the most stubborn?
We are both pretty stubborn, TJ is usually just more vocal about it.

19. Who is the first one to admit when they're wrong?
Usually I am, but there are times when TJ is the first to realize we're both being silly. I just hate having contention between us, and so even if I know I'm right, I'm usually the first to apologize for a fight.

20. Whose parents do you see more?
TJ's, because we live in the same city.

21. Who kissed who first?
TJ kissed me first. He was also my first kiss. The first time he wanted to kiss me, I kinda denied him because I was so nervous. He thought I didn't like him because of that, haha.

22. Who asked who out?
Technically TJ asked me on our first date, but I invited him to a few activities before that happened.

23. What did you do?
On our first date? We went out with another couple to the woods and cooked burgers (and I totally ate more than anyone else), then went and watched the boys play softball. We had to stop at TJ's house before the game, and his siblings asked, "Where's Kylie?" before they saw me. Then I knew he'd been talking about me around his family, and I felt kinda special.

24. Who's more sensitive?
I would say that I am more sensitive, but that's not to say that TJ is insensitive. Besides just being a woman, I'm naturally very sensitive. I cried when getting reprimanded in school, even if I didn't really do anything wrong.

25. Who's taller?
TJ. He's 5'10" and I'm about 5'7.5"

26. Who is more indecisive?
Totally me. Drives TJ crazy. I'm just very much a people-pleaser, and also weigh things out like crazy before making a decision. Ask him about the month between the time he told me he wanted to get married, and that I told him I wanted to marry him too.

27. Who has more siblings?
TJ. He has 3 brothers and 2 sisters. I have a brother and a sister.

28. Who wears the pants in the relationship?
Me! Just kidding. I think we're pretty good partners.

29. Who has the best husband ever?
Well of course, I do.


Thanks for the tag Joke! Now it's your turn: Emma and Chelsea and (cheating!) anyone who wants to play.

3 comments :

  1. I LOVED reading this. I think you and me and TJ and James would get a long really well. From this survey I can see a lot of similarities between us all. So great!

    I definitely want to do this! Thanks for tagging me, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why didn't I see this post till now? I love your answers. You guys are so cute together. Also a great picture of you two!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Race and I actually did it after we read your guys' so now I just need to post it on our blog! It was a fun little questionnaire and really got us talking about how we are in our relationship.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)