Sleep habits (mine, not Jake's).

I really really struggle to get out of bed in the mornings. I just love to sleep. I snooze my alarm probably 5 times every morning before work, and I don't even set an alarm on Saturdays. That whole put your alarm somewhere that makes you get out of bed to turn it off trick? Yeah, doesn't work for me. Here's why:

1. When I was 16, a young man found a clever way to ask me to Homecoming. He had written some sort of poem, then written the letters to his name all over an inexpensive electric alarm clock. Then, he gave it to my friend, who secretly snuck it to my mom and sister, who then hid it under a towel in the bedroom I shared with my sister (my room was pretty much always messy so the towel on the floor wasn't unusual). The alarm had been set for an earlier time than my regular alarm. 

When said alarm went off, I was annoyed. I found the alarm, found the off button, and went back to bed.

I figured my sister had gotten a new alarm (she was 11?) and did not have the courtesy to turn it off herself. This logic made sense at the time, even though my sister slept on the top bunk, and would not keep her alarm on the floor, under a towel. 

When I officially awoke from the dead, my mom and sister asked me about the alarm. When I realized what it was, I deciphered the clues and felt a little foolish. I told my friends at school what had happened, and they laughed, but were not surprised.

Now, I have no issues going back to sleep after being woken up at 5am by a hungry Jake.

Maybe I just need more sleep, OK?
Or maybe I just need more self-discipline....

3 comments :

  1. You don't say our room was messy! Cause that was you, I tried cleaning. THEN I got lazy and picked up on your habits when you left! Haha! Just kidding, this was a funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am so not a morning person, so I totally feel your pain. This is hilarious, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I am in a routine I can be a morning person, but that is very different from being able to wake up a lot of the times haha. I am not fun to wake up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)