on his level.

One of my favorite things to do with Jake, when I remember and have the time, is to get down on the floor and "play" with him. These first few images were from a Saturday morning that I was at home with him, TJ was still sleeping, and the light was beautiful. I couldn't resist getting out my camera to capture him in his element (messy floors and all).

I've always loved those big, bright eyes. From the day he was born, it seems, he's been watching his world, drinking it in through those big blue eyes. Even others have noticed how aware this baby is.

I don't mean to jump the gun, but I think this will be one curious little boy. He is so determined and attentive already. He's got a constant need to be stimulated.

I love getting down to his level, and trying to see what he sees. I hope that I remember to do this always. Not just physically, but emotionally, mentally, and spiritually. Try to really understand him, and respect his views. 

I want to listen to him, and to be present for him.



 I'm so in love with this sweet, spunky, happy, opinionated, and determined little boy.

Oh, he is certainly the light of my life.

3 comments :

  1. Kylie, he's adorable. Lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the drool in that last pic--haha! These are PRECIOUS pictures that I'm sure you'll cherish forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these photos! He is such a cutie!! :) I love his eyebrows in the picture three (I think) up! He makes so many fun expressions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)