while he sleeps.


While he sleeps, I watch his little face, hear his soft little breaths, and marvel at him. And while he sleeps, my heart aches, because I'm watching him grow up before my eyes and I want him to stay little, but I also want to experience the next stage with him. Sometimes I catch myself thinking, I wish he'd grow out of this stage because he's been crying a lot, or because I want him to be able to entertain himself so Daddy can study. But then I catch myself, and remember the phrase, "Let them be little." I want to take all of these little moments, and bottle them up tight so that they can't go anywhere. I want to keep them to myself, private in my heart, but then I think that might be selfish to hoard so much joy.

When his daddy gave him a name and a blessing, he told him that he would be a light to others. He's already my light, and I know this special little boy just might be a light to so many more.

3 comments :

  1. He is so dang perfect! Absolutely precious!! I cannot wait for my girl to get here, I am DYING to meet her! :)

    Everyone tells me the SAME thing. To ENJOY it when they are little, because they grow up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks so peaceful in this picture! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)