merry halloween, thanks.

I totally said the above to a trunk-or-treater last night. I almost said "Merry Christmas," as more of a joke. Anyways, here's the little man, all studly in his football costume that I DIY'd the night before last.

[All I did was buy a turtleneck and brown pants, then sewed on strips of felt to make lacings. The football beanie was a gift from his auntie that works at The Children's Place. PS, that beanie is size 0-6 months, and is pretty much too small...it slides off his head.]

Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween. It's cute for the kiddos, but anything gory/scary/ick is too much for me. TJ, on the other hand, absolutely loves the holiday and I think was a little genuinely annoyed with me for not doing more than hang a Halloween wreath on the door. Maybe next year, when Jake is a little older, I'll try to get into it a bit more. I'm already brainstorming costume ideas for Jake.

November, however, is a great month! It's all about family, food, and thankfulness. I love the simple reminders to look for things I'm thankful for. To help with that, I'll be following Sheena's challenge and hopefully posting a photo a day of one thing I'm thankful for on Instagram (@misskyliep). If you want to follow along too, use the hashtag #novemberthanks. Last year, I had a guest post every Thursday, for "Thankful Thursday." This year, I think I might do it a bit differently, and post my week of IG photos.

For the record, I will slowly start listening to Christmas music now. I feel like I can still give Thanksgiving its due while getting into the spirit of celebrating family, friends, tradition, and the birth of our Savior.

Yeah, it's pretty much my favorite time of year now.

7 comments :

  1. WOW. I am so impressed. He looks adorable. SOunds like a fun Halloween :)

    sjdmiller.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a doll! I love this! Love that our little ones are so close in age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your baby is so darling! I found you on the link up party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you on halloween.

    Jake makes an awfully cute little football!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute - we don't really do Halloween in Australia. And we don't have Thanksgiving either, which means we don't get all the fun, love and joy that come with them... But we do get Christmas, and I love Christmas music!! Hopefully, baby (in my tummy) will enjoy listening to it to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sad I didn't see this idea when my son was tiny! Your boy looks adorable and it's a perfect costume for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)