The perfect moment.


Details about this picture:

I'm wearing a hairtie on my wrist, a habit I picked up in high school. My wrist feels naked without one, if my hair is down. I even wore one in our engagement pictures by accident.

TJ is licking Jake's head. I would tell you that this is not a normal occurrence, but that would be a lie.

Jake is smiling. This, I'm happy to say, is becoming a regular thing. The kid can still scream his lungs out, but his smiles melt our hearts constantly.

I love the way that I'm looking at my son, and that this perfectly captures our family element. A little bit sweet, a little bit quirky. I also love what isn't seen: a tired and stressed momma, overwhelmed by the love and support of family and friends.

*More pictures of Jake's blessing to come.

4 comments :

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)