sew much to do.

Well...we're blessing Jake on Sunday. He's almost 2 months old, but this is when it worked + when we were told we could do it. I'm so excited for this special time for our family, and I pray that Jake doesn't fuss through it.

While this special day is really about the blessing of our baby, it is customary that baby gets blessed in a special outfit. I've been thinking about what to dress him in for a long time. If Jake were a girl, this would be a whole lot easier (white dress + headband = done). I'm not one to go for traditional, so I've been scouring Pinterest and the web and racking my brain about what to do. The other day, my mom found a "traditional" blessing outfit for a boy, and I told her to hang on to it for back up, but it really isn't quite my taste.

I was thinking about doing a typical "Sunday" outfit, with pants, tie, and button-up shirt, but TARGET (my fail-safe) doesn't even carry white baby button-ups. That led to more scouring, and asking Facebook friends for ideas. Jake's Auntie Aubrey works at a mall and found one for us (might be too big, but we'll see).

So here I am, two days before the day, and I have a white button-up and a back-up blessing outfit (in Mesa, not here), and I still want to make something else. While browsing my Pinterest feed, I saw something one of my friends pinned:







And I thought, Perfect, no?
And then I thought, I must be crazy.
I am. Anyways, NOW I get to go shopping for a long-sleeved onesie and some bias tape.

But wait, there's more.
I also wanted to make a new skirt for me. I've been wanting to use some fabric I bought months ago, but I was sort of very pregnant, and wanted to wait. What better motivation do I have than a deadline? I'm thinking this skirt:

Wish me luck.
Does anyone know of a chapter of Procrastinators Anonymous that I could join?
Or maybe I should start my own.

7 comments :

  1. I am a firm believer that procrastinating makes things HAPPEN.

    No doubt you will get it done in time. I cant wait to see pictures!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! If it works you HAVE to do a tutorial cuz I'm sewing retarded - like I can make pillows and a blanket but come on...clothes are on a whole different level hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous of your sewing skills. One day I will learn. Love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a total procrastinator too. I get it from my dad and it drives my mom NUTS. Good luck! That will be such a fun day! I can't wait to see what you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! He is going to look so cute! I can't wait to see both of your outfits!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you come up with! I had SO much anxiety about Owen's blessing outfit since before he was even born. We are also blessing him tomorrow, and I had NO idea what he was going to wear until Scott's grandma called us earlier this week and saved the day. The only problem now is that our 2 year old is quite chunky and the outfit barely fits over his big belly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "I was sort of very pregnant." hahaha...that totally made me laugh. good luck with your crafting!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)