you're gonna miss this.








all images courtesy of Carol Stephens Photography

These are just a few more photos from our newborn photoshoot that our dear friend Carol did for us when Jake was 9 days old. The night before she came, I was up quite a bit with Jake and was in tears for half of it (TJ worked late that night). I told him I was going to cancel, but I'm so glad I didn't. Carol was so sweet and patient. She let me do my hair while she took a few of just TJ and Jake. I was so worried that Jake wouldn't be cooperative, but once again, Carol thought of everything with space heaters and a white noise app on her iPhone to keep Jake calm. It was the most low-key photoshoot I've been part of and I think that is reflected in these images.

As difficult as the journey has been so far, it has been a beautiful one. I'm going back to work on Monday, and I know I'm going to miss this time I've had with my precious boy even if it hasn't been "picture perfect." This being a mom stuff is messy, exhausting, tear-inducing, heart-string-tugging, and joyful all at the same time; a truly beautiful mess. I think I love it.


9 comments :

  1. awww. such sweet photos-- and you look great for being up and teary and such! What a beautiful baby boy, and sweet family you have! That picture in the basket is TO DIE FOR.

    I can't believe how fast time flies--- good luck with work! I hope you adjust quickly, and I'm glad to hear it's a "beautiful mess" because I'm starting to get really terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos are beautiful. Good luck at work this week. I hope it flies by for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! I just love these photos! He is such a cute boy! :] I hope that this week isn't too hard! You guys are in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them! That yawn, precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just awesome! Love the one of him yawning! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newest follower here! Cute blog!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful! What a sweet family! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)