Dear Baby,

We're almost there. You really could meet us any day now. I'd prefer sooner than later, but I'm willing to wait I suppose. Your dad and I aren't even scared at this point (scared of being parents, not scared of you). We're just so excited to meet you. People keep trying to tell us how hard it will be and to savor the little time we have left....but we don't care. We just want to meet you, want to hold you and welcome you into our family. Daddy has the cutest habit of giving you pep talks lately, such as, "Hey buddy, I really want to meet you. We already met before this life, but I miss you. So if you could be nice to your mom and come out soon, that'd be great. I love you." And he does; he loves you so much. I think he's jealous that you and I spend so much time together.

My belly continues to grow along with you. I keep getting teased by fake contractions and other such nonsense. I'm pretty tired, but it's OK. We're pretty much ready for you now. Your nursery is yours! We worked so hard on it this weekend, and it's finally ready. Your diaper bag is packed, and I've almost finished packing my bag. Insurance paperwork is underway, just waiting for signatures. But those are all little things in comparison to the big thing: you.

I have so much to learn about being a good mom. I know you'll help teach me, and Daddy and Heavenly Father. I can hardly believe I'm being entrusted with a little man to raise. It seems like such a daunting task. Good men are, sadly, sometimes hard to come by in this big, scary world. But they do exist, and you're going to have the pleasure of being related to some of the very best.

I know you're only a baby, and you're not even here yet, but I want to tell you some things about good men. Good men are gentle and kind; don't feel pressured to be aggressive and harsh. Good men are respectful; don't feel pressured to be rude. Good men work hard and do their best; don't give in to laziness and entitlement. Baby, don't ever feel like you aren't good enough, because you are so precious. Respect your body, your mind, and your spirit. Respect the bodies, minds, and spirits of those sweet daughters of God that you will interact with. Remember that showing love and kindness to others, especially those that nobody else will, is not a weakness but a quiet strength not everyone experiences. Never be afraid to stand up for what you know is right. Daddy will be a good example for you. He's already an example to me.

Little one, you can be whoever you want to be. You are a child of God. You can be athletic, artistic, quiet or bold. You can be creative and smart. You can be a leader if you want, but it's okay to be more introverted too. You can like building things or reading or playing an instrument. I don't ever want you to feel like you can't be something you want to be. But when it all comes down to it, never ever forget where you came from and who you will always be: a son of God.

I have so many thoughts, so many feelings about being a mother. I know I won't be just any mother; I will be your mother. I want you to know how blessed I am to have this privilege. Something inside me tells me that you are especially for me, and that you will teach me things I don't even know I need to learn. It's all a little overwhelming if I think too much about it.

I love you baby boy. We're waiting for you.

love always (& forever),

Mommy

8 comments :

  1. Beautifully written. I can't wait to see pictures of your little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh stop this insanity! You make me cry every time ;)

    SO sweet and I can't wait for little man to get here!!!! ;) And you'll be a GREAT mom don't you worry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. Having our baby boy was the single most amazing thing in this world. So so happy that you get to experience something beyond incredible in just a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie Sue-- I have only been your mom for almost 3 years.. I have known from the day you married MY PRECIOUS BOY that TJ couldn't have found a more amazing daughter of God if he'd searched a lifetime. You are going to totally rock this momma gig! I love you sweet girl as much as if you'd come from womb!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the nursery being ready and for you guys being prepared! I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I would have written letters to my kiddos when I was pregnant. And let people tell you how hard it will be..because when your sweet angel comes you are going to be surprised that it is nothing short of bliss. Hang in there!! The last stretch of pregnancy is the hardest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. How anxious/excited you must feel! How are you feeling? I haven't experienced any contractions yet, I wonder if they hurt?

    You two are going to be amazing parents. I love the bit in here about good men. At first I was terrified I was having a boy, but the feeling soon went away when I realized that by marrying a good man, he will be able to raise our son into a good man. I agree, that the daddy's are good examples :)

    Good luck with the last stretch. Hope everything goes well and your little guy comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww you're having a baby boy?? how EXCITING!I hope he comes soon! what an exciting time for you :) good luck!



    giveaway over at The House of Shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)