coming soon.

I've honestly had a fairly easy pregnancy so far. I never got very sick, I never got so completely exhausted that I couldn't function, my heartburn has been irregular and bearable (except last night was brutal so I finally got some antacids), my emotions have been average (a little weepy, a little cranky...no worse than a period), swelling has been really minimal, and I haven't had any complications so far. So I try really really hard not to complain...because I know so many women have it way harder than I do, and because I just don't want to be the complaining pregnant woman.

People will ask me all the time, "Are you just so ready for baby to be here?" when they see my rather large "pumpkin, basketball, watermelon" distending ever further outward. Honestly, yes, I'm ready to meet baby boy, but only recently has it become a matter of comfort rather than just excitement. So here are some things that I'm looking forward to about not being pregnant anymore:
  1. Having an adorable baby to love on and get to know. Duh.
  2. Wearing normal clothes. I pretty much live in my 5 maternity shirts, 2 pairs of pants, and a couple of skirts. And one pair of pants isn't that comfortable. In fact I'm so excited, that I even bought a new shirt and a new pair of pants that were *non-maternity* online. I'm excited for the day I can try them on and feel normal-sized again! I also have some sewing projects I'm waiting to start.
  3. Hugging people from the front, and not having to bend over to do so. Especially TJ. It's just not the same with the bump in the way. Although one of my best friends thinks it's funny to hug me, especially if I laugh and my belly bounces.
  4. Sleeping on my back. It's what I'm the most used to, and I somehow end up on my back every night. Even sleeping on my side is getting uncomfortable unless I have two big pillows on either side, and it's a little warm for that. 
  5. No back pain! If there's one thing I've consistently had problems with, it's back pain. It used to be only when I'd lay a certain way, but now it's almost constant, and it's no fun. I suck it up at work and utilize our new reclining couch to the max. And hey, it's almost over. Plus also I just remembered yesterday that I have a Massage Envy gift card TJ gave me for Christmas, and I hear they do maternity massages.
There are also a few things I'm looking forward to about having a baby (different from no longer being pregnant):
  1. Experiencing that motherly love that I've heard described so often.
  2. Experiencing the love that will be increased between my husband and I, and watching him be a daddy.
  3. Newborn photos. I'm so excited for these. Those non-maternity clothes I bought? Thinking about wearing them for the shoot. They'll be done in our home.
  4. 6-8 weeks off work. Don't judge; you'd be excited too.
  5. Last but far from least: loving on, snuggling with, getting to know, and adoring our baby boy.
And just for kicks, some things TJ is looking forward to:
  1. He misses my flat stomach, simply for the fact that with the belly he can't hold me close (cue: awwww). Before the belly, he also loved to put his head on my stomach to fall asleep. So he's looking forward to that.
  2. He wants to hold and "smuggle" his baby. (Smuggle is our word for snuggle....pretty sure I picked that up from my best friend's niece when she was 2. Eh.)
  3. And pretty much that was all I could get out of him but I'm sure there's more.
I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow, meaning 4 weeks left until my due date, meaning I'm now what, 9 months pregnant or something? Eh. This babe will come when he's ready and I'm not guessing when that will be. But I think he's excited too because he stretches my belly to the max sometimes like he's trying to push his way out. 

Hang tight little one. We can do this.

9 comments :

  1. I LOVE reading your pregnancy updates, and am SO jealous you have had such an awesome pregnancy so far! My first trimester was HORRIBLE, and I've constantly been exhausted, irritable, and everything inbetween.

    If you don't mind me asking, what are you going to do after the 6 weeks when you go back to work? Daycare for baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeep! so exciting!!

    Also I nominated you for the Liebster award!
    http://sineadelle.blogspot.co.nz/2012/07/me-in-spotlight.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of weeks ago people would ask me if I was so ready for my baby to come and I wasn't just yet. I even told my mom how I really wasn't in a rush or all that uncomfortable or anything but now I am SO ready to be done being pregnant! Haha. It's funny how it can change so fast. I can't wait for us to have our babies and to be able to exchange BABY stories instead of pregnancy stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. My goodness. Have I been away from the blogging world or what?! Congratulations on your pregnancy. I can't believe I have missed all this while being "unplugged" (at least from blogging). From the rest of your posts, you are looking wonderful. I wish you the best during the rest of your pregnancy :) You're glowing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is cute. It makes me excited for me, and for you! I agree, I cannot wait to sleep on my back, give people front hugs and WEAR NORMAL CLOTHES! I still have a pretty large wardrobe that works for me, but every single morning I put clothes on I think "I will look so much cuter in this when I'm not prego anymore!"

    Best of luck with the last stretch! I can't wait for the little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite part of this post was the end, "Hang tight little one. We can do this." It describes my feelings exactly! I'm 35 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck!!

    Catherine
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)