small and simple.




"Now ye may suppose that this is foolishness in me; but behold I say unto you, that by small and simple things are great things brought to pass; and small means in many instances doth confound the wise."

Today I substitute taught a primary class in church. There were only 3 kids, ages 10-11, but it was probably one of the most profound lessons I've ever been a part of. I felt the Holy Spirit bear witness to me of simple truths, and I think the kids felt it a little bit, too. We talked about how the scriptures hold the simple pathway to eternal life. That like Lehi and the Liahona, all we have to do is have faith that they are the word of God, follow the counsel therein, and act in that same faith. We also talked about other truths, and they were all things that I really needed to hear right now. I am so grateful for this gospel, and for scriptures that teach me that great things are brought to pass by doing that which may seem small and simple.

4 comments :

  1. beautiful pictures!! and great scripture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kylie! :) Such a good reminder. And it is amazing how we are able to learn so much at the same time that we are asked to teach others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words from a beautiful HEART!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true! Tim and I teach in primary right now, and whether they understand everything or not, it always amazes me how making everything more simple brings such a Spirit...like sometimes we make things too complicated. Also, beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)