[less than] 60 days.

He kicked a couple of times for my dad, but as soon as mom would put her hand on my belly, he'd stop moving. Then just before they had to leave to head back down the mountain, my mom put her hand on my belly and said, "Come on baby, move for grandma. I love you!"

And then, she got a good, solid kick to her flat hand. It's pure joy feeling that little one move; I should know.

***

Today is the 31 weeks, 5 day mark.
This means, there are less than 60 days until my due date.
In other words, less than 9 weeks until my due date.
Or in even bolder terms, less than 6 weeks until I'm considered full term.

There's about 4 weeks until baby shower #1 and the last time I venture down the mountain without baby.
And about 5 weeks until baby shower #2.

And I have about 2,596,437 things to do:

*Pick a pediatrician and set everything up.
*Pre-register at the hospital and tour the maternity ward.
*Meet with anesthesiologist and continue regular OB visits.
*Consider taking some type of birthing class....I'm leaning more towards just a breastfeeding class (although it sounds awkward, I've heard they can be really helpful).
*Get the nursery set up (which includes finding places for our junk and replacing it with baby's junk stuff).
*Decorate the nursery (which includes quite a few diy projects, which require some shopping...at least now I     have an idea of what I'm doing).
*Get the rest of the apartment cleaned and organized.
*Consider making and freezing some meals.
*Spend some quality time with TJ since goodness knows that'll probably be a little harder to come by soon.

Writing it all out makes it seem a little more do-able. There's a lot to be done, but all I can really think about is this one task that it all leads up to, and that we're looking forward to the most:

*Hold our baby boy.



6 comments :

  1. So, so, so exciting! Ah. I had a dream last night that I was pregnant, and I woke up so bummed that I'm not. Haha! You are so cute, Kylie. I can't wait to see pictures of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This list is great! It has reminded me of some things I need to put on my to-do list. In fact, I should probably write one out soon. I still don't know if I am going to take any sort of childbirth/breastfeeding class. Because of Scott's work schedule I would have to go alone, which I don't want to do. And I was interesting in taking a breastfeeding class b/c I heard it can be really challenging at the beginning, but I am kind of wondering if they can tell me anything I haven't already read online or in a book, you know? Anyway, just so many things to do!

    Oh, and don't forget to add "pack for hospital" to your list. And wash all of baby's new clothes! if you plan on doing that. I do, and I am so excited for it!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAYY! that's so exciting. 60 more days oh my goodness.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! But it also makes me realize how much I have left to do as well! Oh goodness! It really seems like this whole pregnancy thing has just flown by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOOHOO! It's getting so close :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)