Dear Baby Boy,

Can you tell when I'm eating? I almost swear you can, because you get so wiggly when I eat after being hungry for a stretch. Today you wiggled all around when I ate some french fries. I knew you liked them. I think you're going to like food, but don't worry, we eat healthy stuff too.

My favorite pass-time is watching you. That might sound a little odd, since I can't actually see you, but I can see you moving! You've discovered my ribs, which isn't the most comfortable thing, but it's okay, I just love feeling you move all the time. It's crazy to watch you roll one of your limbs across my belly, or kick the same spot over and over so it jumps. Daddy might have thought you were an alien the other night (we were watching Men in Black) but he's just not used to feeling you so much! Sometimes you respond to when I put pressure where you're pushing, and you push back more. It's precious, these little moments.

I've also been getting some mild heartburn lately, which is a fairly new experience for me. I heard a rumor that the more heartburn mommy has, the more hair baby has. I'd love it if you were born with a full head of hair! Anything would be better than the baldness of baby mommy and daddy. Of course, I'll love you so much regardless, I just think it would be fun to style it all stud-like when you're tiny.

Little one, I'm not going to lie, sometimes I get so worried and afraid. I'm afraid I'm not doing enough to try to be healthy for you. I'm afraid I won't get everything done for your arrival. I'm afraid I'm not going to be a natural at this whole mom thing. I'm afraid I might not be able to balance it all. It's a little overwhelming. Sometimes I just get so afraid that I cry, and Daddy doesn't like it when I cry. But he takes me in his arms, and he tells me I'm amazing and I'm going to be amazing, and I feel a lot better after that. I think those arms will comfort you too...they're strong and safe and secure. Daddy gives great hugs, and he will love snuggling you (I just know it).

Sweetheart, I read a lot about mommies and babies online, and it seems like so much work. They talk about stresses and heartache and just how exhausting being a mommy is. But you know what else they say? It's worth it. I believe that, wholeheartedly. I believe being a mommy is going to be my very favorite; right up there by being a wife. I just don't think anyone really knows how to adequately describe a mother's love. I think it's something I'll just have to experience for myself. And I'm so grateful I get to experience it with you.

I can hardly wait to meet you, but at the same time, it's fine by me for you to just keep on growing safe and sound inside of me. I love you...so much. And I know Daddy does too. I want you to know, that even though I know I'll make mistakes, I'm going to be doing my best to be a good mom to you. Sleep well, my baby boy.

love always,

Mommy

7 comments :

  1. It is a lot of work, but definatley worth it :)

    Www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, this is so sweet! You're going to make a great mom - don't stress too much to enjoy this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so sweet! I have lots of those fears (mostly about possibly needing to work also instead of spending all my time with little miss) but I agree with you that it's gotta be worth it ;) And you ARE gonna be a great mom! ;) Hope you enjoy your first Mother's Day!! (my family says it counts since we're technically a mom already heeheehee)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs and tears! Beautiful! You CAN do it! Xoxoxoxoxoxox,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful Kylie... it made me cry! You're such a beautiful person... and you will be an amazing momma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the moxie to do this...If I had been able to PICK my son's wife, my daughter from another mother, it would have been you!! Just the fact that you worry says you'll be a F A B U L O U S momma!!xoxox's Kylie Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is sweet :):)
    Ahhh can't wait to be a mom...well, I can wait till after I'm actually married, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)