he's totally mine.

Today it was quite rainy and a bit chilly.
We even saw a few flakes fall, though few stuck to the semi-warm ground.
In Arizona, wet weather tends to make residents giddy,
and today was no different.

As we walked to the bus stop from our apartment, bundled in jackets, me with my polka-dotted umbrella,
he couldn't stop being silly and making me laugh.
First, he repeated himself over and over until I acknowledged him (like a little boy would).
Then, he gathered up some of the slush that did stick to a car and tried to throw a snowball at me.
Because that hand was cold, he wanted me to hold it, but instead of switching to my other side,
he reached his arm across his body and held my hand.
When I suggested switching sides, he did the same thing with the opposite hand, to the tune of more laughter from me.
He also tried shoving me so I would step in puddles (not hard enough that I would fall), and I laughed and told him he wouldn't want to ruin the boots he bought me, now would he?
When we finally reached the bus stop, I stood under the little shelter, and he out in the mist.
I watched as the fallen water ran rapidly down a gutter, and excitedly pointed the mini-river out to him.
The thought occurred to me that I wanted to kiss him, and kiss him good, and as I turned around to do so,
I saw him standing there, making the goofiest face as he created puffs of vapor with his breath in the cold, moist air.
I couldn't help it when the laughter burst my lips yet again.

The truth is, love isn't always like a Nicholas Sparks romance novel.
Sure, there are those romantic kisses in the rain, but this? This is real.
And I love laughing with him.


13 comments :

  1. this is ridiculously adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are too cute. Good to see you having so much fun together. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so A D O R A B L E!!! I HEART reading this blog Kylie Sue!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable!! He's a great kid...huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes yes yes. I feel like this exactly. But somehow it's just as romantic as a Nicholas Sparks novel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!! I totally know about what you mean. While "Nicholas Sparks romance novels" seem like the perfect love story, real life love stories are the best ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you couldn't have said this any better Kylie! I think sometimes women get so wrapped up in romace movies and novels that they forget what love really is! And you guys have it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, I love this!!! Isn't love great?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog through the do something good link up and am just getting around to commenting! Very sweet post. No, you're right, love isn't always like a nicholas sparks novel but you just have to love it for how unique it is and how special all of our relationships are.

    Love the blog!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kylie!

    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! I'm so glad you found me :)

    I'm adding myself as a follower on your blog so we can stay in touch :) I hope you'll do the same!

    DARLING BLOG!

    XOXO

    Jacy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like I'm already a follower.... lol... it is SO LATE and I am pooped apparently... SORRY :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this Kylie! :] You and TJ are super cute and love is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Soooo cute!!!!!!! I need to fin you on insta. I am lacedhair. I am a new follower of your blog too!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)