from pinned to done | what I learned.

You might be thinking, "Hang on, I thought you were going to do 5 pins, and you've only done 3." Or maybe you don't really care or weren't keeping track. But yes, I'm done with my "from pinned to done" episodes. At least the ones I set out to do.

I learned some valuable things during this project. Here are just a few:

  1. It feels way better to create than it does to pin.
  2. I hadn't created purposefully in a while. I missed it.
  3. It's OK that I'm not doing those other two pins, because I actually did more than I expected, and I just don't really want to do them right now. I need to do things for me, not just because they're there.
  4. It feels good not to be constantly bombarded with ideas of things to do, make, or be. During this time, I got on Pinterest much less frequently than I had before, because I knew I didn't want to pin anything. To be honest? I still really like Pinterest. I think it is a great resource. However, I'm going to focus more on pinning ideas I find on my own, and focus a little less on re-pinning things I find on Pinterest. Essentially, I'm just going to be more choosy, and only pin what I think I might actually be able to use. Simplify.
That being said, I had a great time and was really motivated to do things. In fact, I'm going to make it my goal to do at least one new project/recipe/idea a week. Maybe from Pinterest, maybe not. And it might be silly that I need that type of motivation, but I do. I'm the type of person that gets sucked into social media easily, and I don't want to waste my life not actually living. I love social media, especially blogging, but I don't want it to consume too much of my time. The point is to cultivate myself, and my talents. I'm going to make each day count. 

I hope you enjoyed reading my reviews, and that maybe you were inspired to create a little on your own. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)