Dear Baby,

You are perfect! We had our anatomy ultrasound today and every part of you is completely perfect....your round head, your nickel-sized heart (the tech was very impressed with your perfect heart), your spine, your feet and hands, everything....including your BOY parts! Yep, you are a little man! Daddy was right all along and he is so proud. Even before we found out, in the ultrasound room, he said, "So if he or him..." and the tech and I laughed because he couldn't even fathom that you might be a girl. If I'm being honest, I think I knew that too deep down. We are both so excited and I can hardly wait to start decorating your nursery and make cute....er, handsome...outfits. 

We're pretty sure we have your name picked out, but we'll talk about that later. I just can't get over how beautiful you are! And you are an active one! I feel you moving more and more each day, and you certainly gave the ultrasound technician a run for her money just getting some good pictures of you (you weren't shy, just wiggly). You get especially mad when I bend forward sitting down...you throw a fit every time. I guess you're like me in that way...I hate being pinned down or in tight quarters. I'm hoping that means you'll want to make your arrival a week or two before your due date ;) But no rush right now! You just keep growing strong and healthy.

Our ultrasound technician was pretty funny. She didn't go straight to showing us your boy parts, but she had us make a bet before she did. She said if you were a boy, I had to make Daddy his favorite dinner, but if you were a girl, Daddy had to take me to a nice dinner. I guess I'll be making enchiladas soon! After the appointment, I was really hungry so we went and got some curly fries, giving in to my number one favorite food (even more so since you joined the party). 

Seeing you look like an actual baby and knowing that you are a boy has made it all seem so much more real. I love being able to refer to you as "him" and "baby boy." It feels so good and so right. Well, I love you baby boy. Every little perfect part of you.

love always,
Mommy

PS. Here's your first good picture. Look at that cute little profile! I love your belly :)

13 comments :

  1. Yay!!! congratulations! That was totally my guess! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, so cute! Congrats on the little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CoNgRaTs!!! We can't wait to meet him!! Love him already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this was very sweet to read :)
    that is one adorable baby belly for his first picture!
    xx jes

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! SO excited for you! Boys are so fun! And nw we can have playdates! ;) So happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I can't wait until we can be parents to a little miss, I cannot express how amazing it is to be a mother to a little man. Boys can be so fun and are just so curious about the world, especially the outdoors. He will be amazing! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations again! :] So happy for you! And I love that your ultrasound tech had you make a bet! Teehee! Have fun cooking enchiladas! ;) Also, I'm jealous that you got curly fries! I wish that I could buy them in bulk and have them every day!! Yay for such a cute, perfect little man! {Oh, did they end up changing your due date at all??}

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute!! A boy!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! Congratulations:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I just found you through your guest post on Christi's blog! Stopping by to say hi and follow along! Love your writing style!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coming over from You Are so Deer to Me. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just read your guest post over on Christi's blog! Congrats on your baby boy. That's SO exciting :) Can't wait to read and keep up with your journey of this precious bundle!

    xo
    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats!! My husband and I are also expecting a little boy! :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)