baby boy.

Every time he kicks, I think "Hi baby." And when I'm at home, I say it out loud. The other day, I had to unzip my jeans while I was sitting at my desk at work; it felt like he was playing the drums on the inside of my lower abdomen. Perhaps he'll be a good soccer player. He's certainly getting lots of practice in the womb.

Sometimes I sing to him when I'm alone, or I sing to him and TJ when we're going to sleep. I hope he likes my singing, because I plan on doing it every night. And stories. I hope he likes my story-telling voice.

He reminds me to be still, because it's when I'm still that I feel him the most. And when I'm truly still, then I can think about the important things, and how I need to know God if I want to teach him to know God.

Someday, when he knows how to read, I hope he reads this. I want him to know what his dad and I were like before he came. I want him to know what a blessing he is. I hope that I show him that, but reading has always solidified things for me.

I can hardly wait to play with him. To watch him throw balls with his daddy, to run with him, and rough-house and do boy things with him. I can't wait for his grandpa to take him for a ride in his little tractor, or to watch him chase chickens at my parents' house, or to watch him pester the dogs at TJ's parents'. I want him to love art and music and playing pretend. I can't wait to kiss his owies and wipe mud off his face, to take him to the beach and the mountains and the lake and camping and a million other things.

But for now, I will cherish this time when it's just the two of us, just me and him. And I will cherish the time I have left when it's just me and his daddy. And when he comes, I will hold him and snuggle him and probably hope he never has to grow up.

9 comments :

  1. You are such an amazing writer Kylie! This is a beautiful post :)

    Im so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this. You are going to be the best mama! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I miss feeling my little boy, growing in my belly... is was such a special time in my life...

    Fabulous post... so lovely...

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this so much! Everything about this post. You make motherhood sound so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! I'm so happy for you and TJ ;) You're going to be a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This for real made my pregnant self cry!

    I basically feel exactly like that :) AWESOME post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really do capture feelings so well with your words! I love it! :) And I love that your little boy is a little kicker!! Haha. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Literally as I write our little baby is giving me a kicking inside so I mnow exactly what you mean. I love it :)

    I'm 19 weeks so I'm so glad to have just found your blog as I've been searching for pregnancy blogs.

    Hope you're keeping well.

    Rach @ www.vicarswifeintraining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)