how we told the family.

We found out we were definitely pregnant the week before Christmas, and couldn't resist the opportunity to tell our immediate families on Christmas day. We'd already had some ideas from before we were pregnant, and came up with something pretty cute. I think.

We framed these pictures, and gave them to our moms along with some onesies. This is the one we gave to my family. Can I just say that it was like -5* with wind chill that day? And that we were walking on frozen Lake Mary? Yeah. Me and my crazy ideas. My sister (being the stinker that she is) figured out our secret while she was staying with us the week before Christmas. So she took the pictures for us. I guess it worked out ;)

 And this is the one we gave TJ's family. It's sort of an inside joke that happened a long time ago. Still funny though. To us.

Both families sorta freaked out. It was great :) We also told them on Christmas because that was when we'd be seeing both families in person close together. And so TJ could tell his brother, Skylar, who would be calling from his mission in Mexico.

So, that's how we announced it. A little cliche with the Christmas present picture, but maybe the pictures were a little bit creative? Maybe. Our families were thrilled, either way. This baby is going to be ridiculously spoiled....seeing as it's the first grandbaby for both of our parents. Eesh.

11 comments :

  1. super cute- and CONGRATS! love the picture idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to announce my pregnancy like this!!! So if we do something similar when the time times, i didn't steal it :)from you!!! Lol. Congrats again. Yea for babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS SO CUTE!!! Oh my :)

    I just realized I didn't post about how WE told our families.. can I steal that post idea?

    Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun ways to announce - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Ah. I am SO happy for you! You are going to be such a cute mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE it! :] We didn't do anything super fun to announce it to my family but I kind of wish we had. Haha. For Race's family we used our new camera to take a picture and while Race was taking it he said, "On the count of three everyone say Emma's Pregnant!" So they did and we got their funny reactions on camera. That was fun. But also embarrassing for me since Race wasn't in the picture with me. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I really want to do something cute like this to announce a pregnancy one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I keep meaning to tell you, congratulations! So excited for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, that is SO EXCITING! Congratulations to both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gah! I am way too far behind on blogging! CONGRATS! And yayaya for August babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely precious!
    Congrats congrats congrats!!!

    Simply, Melissa Ashley
    [Giveaway]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)