her birthday.

I went to Mesa last Sunday, on December 4th.
I went there to surprise my mom, whose birthday was on the 5th.
(Unfortunately, TJ couldn't come due to work and school.)
But not just any birthday.
No.
Her 50th birthday.
She doesn't look a day over 35, I tell ya.

She treated my sister and I to lunch. A little backwards, but oh well. At least her sandwich was free.
 [sister is stubborn when it comes to pictures.]

[Firehouse Subs. It was warm and toasty. I got the turkey club.] 


The surprises didn't stop there though. Around 6 o'clock, my siblings and I left, saying we were going shopping. Then, Dad and Mom left to go to dinner. Dad said he wouldn't tell her where, but that she would like it. They wound up at Rancho de Tia Rosa, the best Mexican restaurant in Mesa (and quite possibly all of Arizona). Their server mistakenly took them to the wrong table at first, but that got cleared up quickly. When they walked into this little pink room, Mom was assaulted with shouts of "Surprise!" and a robust round of "Happy Birthday" from her family and friends.
[The Hassell's and Eyrings.] 

 [Mom's siblings and parents.]

 [I ordered the Stuffed Quesadilla with pork as my meat of choice. Pork is always my meat of choice there. I only ate half because I think I ate about 3 baskets of chips and salsa before Mom even got there.]

Happy birthday Mom! I love you so much and I am so lucky to have such an amazing woman as my mother. You are my inspiration and I will forever look up to you.
[photo by Lauren.]


4 comments :

  1. How sweet! I love birthday surprises! :)
    I'm having a giant giveaway and would love if you entered, miss Kylie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful 50th birthday surprise!! :) And your mom really doesn't look a day over 35!! And you guys ate so much good food! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wanted to say something nice about "nice to meet you and your blog" but now i just want a sandwich. that's probably the best introduction i can come up with anyway, come to think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you My Kylie!! It was a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)