time out.

The first weekend of November, I had the opportunity to go to Time Out for Women with the women in TJ's family. I also got to invite my mom and sister to tag along. I'd never been before and it was quite the experience. Time Out for Women is a special conference put on by members of the church, where women go to hear motivational speakers and listen to special musical performers. It was quite the weekend! It spanned over Friday night and almost all day Saturday. I loved being able to go and be uplifted. The theme for this year's conference was "Choose to Become." The messages I heard were perfect for me and for things I've been struggling with. I came home with a renewed desire to commit to being better in all aspects of my life. I took copious notes and a few pictures.

The conference was held in the Phoenix Convention Center. It was huge. And sold out.

They actually told us to keep our phones on (just on silent) so that we could share our experience as it happened....it was a little strange to look down our row and see this:

During lunch on Saturday, I left my camera with our group, and Hannah snapped this work of art that some ladies created with their trash. I suppose they were bored.

My favorite speaker/performer was Hilary Weeks. She was so beautiful, so down-to-earth, and so real. I loved her music and her stories. I'm going to share her latest music video at the end of this post. I felt like I could really relate to her "become" journey, which was about changing little things in her life. She spoke on how focusing on positive thoughts completely changed how her days went. She also talked about how for one month she prayed that Heavenly Father would let her know what was most important for her to do that day. She said it was never a long to-do list like she would have given herself; rather, it was one, maybe two, simple acts of service to give (for instance, one day she was prompted to write her daughter a little note, and it turns out that daughter really needed to know she was loved at that precise moment when she found the note). She was just so inspirational.

On Saturday, my mom had to go to a funeral for our close family friend, so I asked my BFF Jessica if she'd like to use her ticket. I'm so glad she said yes! I don't get to see Jess as often as I'd like to, but when I do, it's like we've never been apart. I'm so grateful for friends like that!

And here are the beautiful ladies of the in-law variety. But really, in-law has no place in their titles :) I loved being able to spend time with Mom and Hannah on the trip down, and with all of them that weekend. I'm so lucky to have married into such a fun family.

It was a lot of fun to go! It was funny to see so many Mormon women in one place. And so many pregnant women too! I ran also saw Lauren, from City Girl, Country Heart. It's a small world in the LDS church. Funny story: when Jessica, Kyndra, and I came back into the main meeting area after a break, one of the staff asked if we were supposed to be at the "Time Out for Girls" meeting (which was going on at the same time...for 12-18 yr-olds). Even though my sister is 16 and technically should have been there, Jessica and I most certainly are not. I guess looking young will pay off later in life, right??

Lastly, today I'm grateful for this beautiful woman and her inspiring message and the way she shares her amazing talent. Enjoy.

2 comments :

  1. I love this. What an amazing experience! I can't wait to go someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks KYLIE!! I'm glad I was able to share at least part of this event with you and Kyndra. Next year, lets do the WHOLE thing together!
    xoxoxoxoxo,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)