I heart Harry.

So, after seeing Lauren's post of a conversation with her sister yesterday I thought it was cute, and lo and behold, I had a blog-worthy text conversation with my own sister just moments ago.

Me: Knock knock.
Kyndra: Who's there?
Me: You know.
Kyndra: You know who?
Me: Exactly. AVADA KEDAVRA!
(me, waiting for praise at the awesomeness of the joke)
Kyndra: I don't get it.
Me: You-Know-Who?? Have you READ Harry Potter??
Kyndra: Nope.
Me: Repent.
Kyndra: I do every day.
Me: You know what I mean.
Kyndra: Yeah I'm saying I repent every day for not reading it.
Me: Then right your wrong, and start tonight.
Kyndra: Nah thanks.
Me: Seriously? You are missing out on true literature. A masterpiece.
Kyndra: Haha! I read half of the first one.
Me: Just get past the first. They only get better.

I am almost ashamed to post this, admitting to the world that my own sister has not experienced the magic of Potter. (Man, I'm punny.) But seriously. Harry Potter changed my life. That may be dramatic, but it's true in a way. She needs to remedy this sitchiation and get on that. Sad, so very, very sad.

Today, cheesy though it may be, I'm thankful for the many good books I've read over the years, and for the places I've traveled to thanks to those thousands of pages.

3 comments :

  1. Ummm. WHAT?! I can't believe she hasn't read them! I agree that she needs to repent! Haha. This conversation is pretty funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You summed it up. I think I have a testimony of Harry Potter...is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhhh I haven't read them either -_- My friend is an avid fan and is always on my back to read them...I'll get there...eventually :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)