today.

Today, on my way home from work/school, I stopped at the grocery store; I needed to pick up a couple of items for TJ's work potluck. Right after I'd gathered some pears from the stand at the front and strode purposefully towards the other produce, a gentleman stopped me.

I stopped, slightly confused since I didn't look like I worked there. I mean, I was wearing jeans and red kitten heels and a jacket. He looked young, maybe late 20s, early 30s.

He said, "Excuse me, can you help me? I'm trying to pick some flowers for my wife."
"Sure," I said with an uncertain smile.
"See, my wife gets flowers every week. I can't see color very well, and I want to get some that aren't dead," he explained.
My smile widened and I helped him pick some brightly colored daisies. They weren't my personal favorite, but they were happy.

"Thanks a lot," he said after we'd picked some.
"No problem, " I replied, "I hope she likes them."
"I'll blame you if she doesn't," he said with a laugh.

I walked away from the encounter smiling. I thought it was so sweet that he did that for his wife. What a cute, little tradition. And, it made me feel so good to help him brighten her day.

***
In other news, it really really feels like fall. I wore a jacket today and actually needed it.
This brisk air holds the excitement of the season. We're anticipating around an inch of snow on Thursday.
***


It really is the little things.

5 comments :

  1. For some reason I wasn't a follower. Weird. Fixed that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that is absolutely precious :]

    I love meeting strangers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cute story :) My husband is color blind too...but he just has a hard time with reds and greens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's adorable! I told Race that he should pretend he can't see colors very well and get help picking me flowers. Haha. I kid though! And I loved having to wear a jacket today! Also, I can't believe that we're supposed to get snow tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww :) Huge smile on my face right now. (weird?)

    And I wonder if that guy could take a photo of flowers he knows are in full bloom and just take it with him every time he goes, and make sure to match the photo? I don't know, though. My mind just thinks like that.

    Great story though, Kylie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)