life.

I sit here, on this Sabbath morning, and ponder on the beauty of life, more specifically, the beauty of our Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation. This week has been interesting....on Thursday, I found out that a good friend of one of my friends had committed suicide. Although I wasn't close to him, I still felt some of her pain. My heart went out to her.

On Friday, I found out that one of my best friends friends is pregnant. It was such a surprise and I am so happy for her and her husband. She's going to be an amazing mommy, and I can't wait to experience the miracle of life with someone so close and dear to me.

Then, on Saturday, I found out that a long-time family friend, and a woman who was one of my Young Women's leaders in church growing up, had lost her battle with cancer. I know that she is now free from the pain and suffering of cancer, but it is still hard to think that she is gone. She was such an amazing woman. When I turned 12 (the age when youth in the church enter the youth programs), I remember being so eager to go to my first mutual activity. My parents, if I remember correctly, had to stall....because when I got to the church, and opened the door to the classroom where it was being held, and being assayed by shouts of "SURPRISE!" because they had decided to throw a surprise birthday party for me. Sister Lowe made sure I felt welcome right off the bat.

Even after her family moved, I babysat her kids. In fact, the first Christmas TJ and I spent together in 2009, right after I told him I would marry him, we got a call around midnight that the Lowes' needed a babysitter so Eric could take Leah to the ER. She was in some serious pain, so TJ and I headed over, turned on the TV, and fell asleep on the couch. That was before they found the cancer. Leah is an amazing woman, and she fought her battle hard. She left her husband and their four children on this earthly home, as she was called Home to rest from her battle.

I don't really know why I'm writing this, for the public to see. I know I'm not the best writer, that sometimes I stumble over my words. I suppose it's cathartic for me. Actually, it's been my release....allowed me to cry, and remember these things.

I know that when we are born, we have come from our Heavenly home.
I know that when we die, we return to our Heavenly home.
I know that this life is only a short span of our eternal existence.
I know that families are sealed together for eternity.
I know that my Savior knows every pain and every joy we experience.
I know that because He conquered death, so can I.
I know that people come into our lives for a reason, and that we have something to learn from each of them.
I know that after every sunset, there is a sunrise.


1 comment :

  1. Thank you for sharing this as well Kylie. It's definitely a message I needed to hear this week. And Leah and her family will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)