brought to you by SLC.

There were two reasons we went to Utah this weekend.
1. TJ's mission reunion.
2. To attend a session of conference in the Conference Center.
Both were in Salt Lake City. I heart Salt Lake.

TJ's mission reunion was great. I will admit that I was kinda nervous. I don't do well in large crowds of people I don't know, but I was able to sorta be myself. I'd already met a couple of his companions, so that part was fine. I also got to meet some of their girlfriends and wives. I finally got to meet his mission president, Pres. Jardine, and his wife. They are amazing people and I'm grateful to them for what they did for TJ. TJ was absolutely on cloud 9. He was so excited and so happy to see everyone. 

I'm super bummed that we didn't get really any pictures of him with his mission buddies. Lame, I know. But, I took these using Instagram during the meeting part when I got a little bored:
[TJ, Casey Ellis, Cody Hileman] 

[One of my favorite hymns.]

[Cool chandelier in the really old church building where it was held.]

[TJ's shoe. Random, I know.]


We were able to attend the Sunday morning session of conference. It's fun to see who you might know at conference. Even though there are thousands of people in attendance, there's bound to be at least one person you know. I saw two people from Mesa, and we both saw a couple of people from Flagstaff, including our stake president's family, who we sat a couple of rows behind. We coincidentally sat right in front of TJ's Eyring cousins (that I grew up with). It's a small world in the church.

We loved being in the Conference Center. I've wanted to go back ever since I went there for the first time (hey Emma, remember how we didn't know each other?), and I was so excited for TJ, since it was his first time. There were so many beautiful and relevant messages that we heard, and it is amazing to be able to feel the spirit without distraction (unless you count the snoring man behind us). I'm going to share the few pictures we took with the iPod, and a quote from some of our favorite talks. We took lots of notes on our iPod, which was really nice to not have to carry a bunch of notebooks and such.

"Waiting upon the Lord will give powerful testimony. When the Lord doesn't answer a prayer right away, it's because we're not ready. But the answers will come even if little by little." -Elder Hales

"To all fathers on raising daughters: [...] The most important thing you can do is to love her mother." -Elaine S. Dalton

[Not a great picture....moving on.] One of our favorites:
"The work of righteousness shall be peace and the effect quietness and assurance. Watch and pray always. Do not let a day go by without communicating to Father in Heaven. He freely gives to those who seek. Recognize, trust, and follow the inspiration He gives. Be worthy to receive inspiration and have the faith to trust it when it comes."
-Pres. Thomas S. Monson

I would like to personally testify that I know that God has called living prophets who continue to speak with Him, and receive revelation from Him for the world. I know that Thomas S. Monson is the Lord's true and living prophet. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints contains the fulness of the gospel. I know that God speaks to us personally, and that we can receive inspiration and revelation from Him as we keep His commandments and do His will. I believe in the power of prayer and in the Atonement of Jesus Christ as all-powerful and all-redeeming. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, and that He loves me.

[If you are interested in learning more about my beliefs, feel free to email me: miss(dot)kylie(dot)elise(at)gmail(dot)com. Or, please visit this website. True happiness is possible.]


3 comments :

  1. I loved that quote by Elder Hales as well. It taught me to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is wonderful Kylie. Thank you for sharing your amazing testimony. And I do remember the first time we both went and didn't know each other! Crazy how we were then roommates and now married {and still friends}! Also, I love all of your phone/iPod photos! How do you do the focusing thing??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! We had like, THE SAME trip to SLC ?! Which session of conference did you attend? We went to Sat morning and Sun afternoon :)
    ...and I must admit, I just tried to see if we were in that picture of the crowds walking.

    We weren't, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)