Sabrina.

No, not the Teenage Witch one. Although that is another classic '90s TV show.

I'm talking about this Sabrina:
The dreamy one with THE Harrison Ford. The one that I mentioned in this post.

Why it's a classic: First of all, it's a remake of the 1954 Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. A version which I have not yet seen, but is on my list of movies to see. ANYways, my point is that since it's a remake, it must be a classic, right? Right.

Why I first fell in love: I fell in love with this movie simply because it's so....romantic. It's almost like a dream, the way the music intermingles with the way the story plays out. And it's got Harrison Ford in it. Duh.

Favorite Quotes:
"Once upon a time, on the north shore of Long Island, not far from New York, there was a very, very large mansion, almost a castle. And on this very large estate lived a small girl. And life was pleasant there and very, very simple. But, then one day, the girl grew up and went beyond the walls of the grounds and found the world."
-Sabrina Fairchild-

Linda: Sabrina went out with Linus? That's too weird.
Scott: I always thought that guy was gay.
Rosa: Mr. Linus is not a gay.
Joanna: It's not "a" gay, Rosa. It's just gay.
Linda: Linus is gay? That makes me like him more.
Fairchild: Linus Larabee is a heterosexual. 

"Miss MacCartle I need to see you in my office right away. Where-Where is it?"
-David Larabee-

*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER*SPOILER*
[Highlight below this line if you would like to see the hidden text. That is, if you don't care about spoilers.]

[Fairchild stares balefully at Linus in the rear-view window after Linus has decided to go to France to reunite with Sabrina]
Linus Larrabee: Go ahead, say it.
Fairchild: [haltingly] You don't... deserve her.
Linus Larrabee: I don't. I know that. But I need her - and I don't need anything.
Fairchild: [tries to manuever through traffic, but fails] Time to run for it.
Linus Larrabee: I just want to make her happy.
Fairchild: 13 Rue des Beaux Arts.

Oh my goodness, I love this movie so much. If by some sad chance you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and redbox, netflix, or rent away.

Also, I think that someone should do ANOTHER remake. Perhaps to some it would be overkill, but with Zooey Deschanel as Sabrina Fairchild, I think it could be done. I'm not sure who I would choose for the male roles, but I think Zooey would be perfect. The end.


5 comments :

  1. I love this show too! But I think I like the Audrey Hepburn one even better (just because I love her!) You must see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to do that! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness I would be so happy if they remade this with Zooey Deschanel! I am in love with anything she's in. Haha. Also, you definitely need to see the Audrey Hepburn version of this movie! We should have a movie night sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So first you rave about one of my favorite movies ever (one that I've never been entirely sure anyone else outside my family has seen, so it's great to see that people actually know about it). And then you suggest another remake featuring Zooey Deschanel, who I dearly love. So basically...you rock, Kylie. :)

    (My favorite quote from the movie, among many: "We were up to our elbows in your underwear drawer, it was like touching the Shroud of Turin.")

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)