inside a girl's heart.

There's a little girl in my class. She reminds me so much of myself.
She loves horses.
She loves to read.
She's not a fashionista.
She's smart.

On Monday, in Library, I recommended Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.
She likes it a lot so far.
It's still one of my favorite books.

Today, she wore ruby red cowgirl boots.
Not as a fashion statement, but because she's working in some stables right now.
In exchange for riding lessons.
I used to work at some stables on weekends when I was around her age.
Then I got to go riding.
When I talk to her, I have so many flashbacks to my younger years.

Yeah.....I'm pretty sure I was made for this job.

4 comments :

  1. Awwww, that's so sweet!
    (and i had no idea Ella Enchanted was a BOOK- I've only seen the movie.)

    Congrats on finding a job you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Kylie. And you are seriously going to make the best teacher. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma- Thanks!

    Ariana- Heck yes it's a book! And the book is a million billion times better than the movie. Not that I don't love Anne Hathaway and Hugh Dancy, but the movie made it silly and cheesy, not at all like the book. As you can tell, I'm very opinionated on this matter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. You are a good writer, girl! And Ella Enchanted? Definitely one of my favorite books. Book>Movie. Even though Anne Hathaway is a doll.

    I just stalked you off of another blog. Totally following you, now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)