"you can't buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream...."

"....and that's kind of the same thing."

On Friday, after our ward Chili Cookoff, TJ promised we could go to our new favorite place: YogurtU. It's the first self-serve froyo place in Flag, so it's kindofabigdeal. We love our Yogurberry (which is in another city), but this is yummier and cheaper.

Last weekend was our first time trying the stuff. We're hooked. We each got our own. THAT'S A BIG DEAL. We rarely get our own. We almost always share, to be frugal and to cut down on calories. But tonight we decided to splurge a little and treat ourselves.
[Hers (left): Dulce de Leche, Cake Batter, & Vanilla w/ Almonds, Strawberries, Heath, and two chunks of Snickers. His (right): Chocolate & Peanut Butter w/ Butterfinger, Reese's Cups, Snickers, and Cookie Dough.]

[When I asked him what color of spoon he wanted (pink, green, or blue), he said, "Green. Because the Packers won last night." He's such a football nerd. I love him.] 

[Whyyy does he never smile??]

[Just being us. Right after I took this picture, one of TJ's old academic advisors walked up to say hi. Classy guys, classy. We definitely live in a small town.]

Can I just say that I love having an iPod touch with a camera for things like this? I love that I can still take pictures, but not feel awkward whipping out my Canon in crowded restaurants.

Plus also, I love date night.
Plus also, I love froyo.
Oh yeah, and TJ.
Love him too.

4 comments :

  1. Loved the pics! You too are adorable.

    Also, I've still never had frozen yogurt like is all the craze in the US at the moment. I think it's coming here to Australia, but it's a slow process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun date. Race and I have STILL not gone there! :[ It looks DELICIOUS though! Also your hair looks super good in these pictures. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. that. ice. cream. looks. so. good. I wish I could jump through the computer...

    Do you guys have set weekly dates or just go whenever schedules allow??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)