a name.

For your whole entire life, you're known by one name.
You get used to it. You might even like it.

And then one day, he comes along.
You know, that guy you didn't even know you needed until you met him?

And suddenly, your name no longer sounds like yours
without his name attached to it.

You get married, and change your name to match his.
But that's not what I'm talking about.

I mean his first name.
So now, it's no longer just Kylie.
It's Kylie and TJ. Or TJ and Kylie.

It's a good feeling.
This knowing you're no longer just you.
You're a "we, us, and ours."

5 comments :

  1. Awww... that is so SO cute! You made me smile the biggest smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that feeling. I love being a we rather than a me. It really is two becoming one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest post ever. I love being a 'we.' It's so different, but so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the change in pronouns, but it was totally bizarre for me (and still is) to have a different last name haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. a sweet post:) The other day I found my practicum name tag and it was weird to see "Amon" on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)