last weekend of summer.

We made this last weekend a celebration of sorts, since it was my last weekend before I start student teaching. It was a perfect way to say goodbye to summer.
[From our Saturday morning run. It was our first run together, and won't be our last.]

[On Saturday evening, we took a motorcycle ride out to Lake Mary. We can finally ride together now that TJ has his license instead of just a permit.]



[This helmet is missing the face shield, so it was interesting trying to breath at 50+ mph.]

[It was also scary trying to take pictures with the iPod while going at said speeds. TJ wasn't too happy. But hey, a documenter's got to do what it takes.]



[Did I mention that AZ sunsets are the absolute best? They are.]

[After doing some grocery shopping, we had a delicious dinner at Beaver Street Brewery. It's one of our favorite local restaurants.]


[The El Gordo pizza: wood fired pizza oven, red onions, pesto sauce, sausage, bacon, fresh tomatoes, cheese....heaven!]

[The Bowl of Goodness: Sweet potato fries with Parmigiano Reggiano and a black pepper & capers aioli.]

[How I love my silly boy.]

[To top it off, we ate our delicious spread in the Beer Garden (great name, right?). It was a beautiful night.]

We finished up Saturday by watching Robin Hood (the one with Russell Crowe) while doing laundry. On Sunday, we had a good church meeting, and then I made some dang good enchiladas for us to share with our friends the Jones' (who are moving this Friday). They have the most adorable little boy, Hunter, who is almost three weeks old. We'll miss you, Jared & Janina! 



The end.

3 comments :

  1. What a perfect way to end the summer! I got to go on a motorcycle ride with Race this weekend {just around my old neighborhood} and now Race really wants a motorcycle. Haha. Good luck student teaching! You are going to be amazing!! And I can't wait to hear about it on your blog! Or if you ever have time to hang out. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I love your haircut! I need to have Kaylee do mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you both had helmets =) I'm sure we have at least ONE extra helmet you guys can have. Just ask your dad or your brother about it.
    xoxoxoxoxo,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)