life lately.

It's been a while since I blogged about what's actually been going on in our lives! So this here is to catch up on all of that. 

At the beginning of April, TJ and I went to my best friend's Junior Voice Recital. Aubree did a beautiful job and I was so glad we got to be there for her.

Then, in mid-April, Sheldon took Hannah to the Prom put on by our church. It was her first date, and Sheldon is such a gentleman so I think they had lots of fun! I had fun doing her hair and taking pictures for them.

On Easter Sunday, we had Stake Conference. Not only did we have the wonderful opportunity to hear from Elder Nelson,  but TJ's dad was set apart as a member of the Stake High Council.

TJ's dad also turned 50 at the end of April. As a special gift, I had all of TJ's siblings and his mom write letters to Dad. Then I took a picture of everyone and put them together into a simple scrapbook/binder. I got the idea from a cute blog that I read. He loved it so much that his "allergies" started acting up as he read the sweet letters from his kids.

SIL Aubrey and Aunt Maralise also put together a surprise party for him, full of family and friends.

My dad and brother even rode the motorcycles up to be there.

TJ and I love going on dates. As I've said before, one of our favorite places to go is Lake Mary. We took a simple dinner of bagel sandwiches out to the lake, walked around a bit, and then took a drive. It was beautiful.




School ended! As did my time with my cohort (which I've been with for three semesters). We had a farewell brunch, and invited our cohort teachers as well. It was a lot of fun, and I'll miss these wonderful people I've learned so much from. I'm done with school now! I will be student teaching this fall in a 4th/5th grade classroom.


Of course, we celebrated our anniversary. The next day, I drove down to Sedona for an amazing opportunity to assist Joseph Blech, our own wedding photographer, at a wedding he was shooting there. I learned so much and it was a great experience for me.


TJ's good friend Kyle came home from his mission. 

And Sheldon graduated! He completed high school through an online charter school, called Pinnacle. He actually finished his classes back in December, but he got to attend the ceremony this May. I'm so proud of my little brother!

 The same weekend as Sheldon's graduation, my Dad decided to buy two jet skis. So the whole family went out to Saguaro Lake. We had so much fun! We even convinced Mom to go on a short ride with Dad. I don't have any pictures because I didn't want to take my camera out there, but if I get some from Mom, I'll be sure to post them.

Last Saturday while still in Mesa, we had the special opportunity to be with the Corbiere family as they went through the temple and were sealed. TJ has known Aaron since middle school, so this was so special to him. It was a truly beautiful day and I'm so grateful we were able to be there with them. I love the temple and the blessings it brings.

1 comment :

  1. I love Kyndra's face in that pic from Sheldon's grad! Everyone else is looking at the camera! Funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)