so you were looking for some free advice.

And I found some for you. Actually, this is not for anyone but me. 
*On a side note, I wouldn't recommend the yelling. It doesn't do any good.

TJ and I are approaching our first anniversary (of marriage). I've learned a lot about being married, about TJ, and about really being there for someone. Let me tell you, I have a long way to go in figuring out how to balance everything involved. I have a lot of selfishness to still kick out of my system. I'm by no means the perfect wife, or a perfect person (duh). And I knew from the start that TJ would not be perfect either. But, I have learned just how imperfect this thing called marriage can be sometimes. 

That doesn't mean that we don't have a good marriage. 
It doesn't mean we're unhappy. 
It's called life. 
Perfect guys really don't exist, but TJ is perfect for me. 
More importantly, we are constantly striving to be more perfect for each other. 

Marriage is not a one-time event. 
Marriage is a work-in-progress. 
Marriage is a journey, a journey that I am so grateful to be sharing with my husband, TJ. 
I love him with all that I am. 
He's not a perfect man, but he is a good man. 
He is dedicated. He is loyal. 
He works so hard. 
He makes me laugh, every day. 
He sometimes makes me cry. 
He sometimes makes me mad. 
He's my best friend.
He loves me, and he makes me happy. We make each other happy.

He's my man.


3 comments :

  1. I needed to hear this today. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this comment is kinda lame of me but, for lack of words... AWWW. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)