one year.

I have so much catching up to do! For now, I'll start with our first anniversary. It's kinda crazy that' it's already been a year since these were taken:


images courtesy of Joseph Blech Photography.

Here we are one year later:
(That's the tie I got him for Easter. Also, I made TJ cut his hair yesterday. Sometimes I'm a demanding wife.)

It was a pretty low-key occasion, since May 15th fell on a Sunday this year. We made waffles with Cinnamon Roll Sauce (using this recipe, without cloves and on the stove) and bacon for breakfast. Then we exchanged gifts, went to church, came home, and made homemade pizza (including the dough). We topped it with olive oil, chopped garlic, mozarella cheese, pan-cooked chicken, and sausage. It turned out pretty amazing! We washed it down with some good ol' apple juice in our champagne glasses. 



One of TJ's gifts to me was an amazing cake he had a co-worker bake. It's a chocolate cake topped with about an inch of peanut butter mousse, all covered in a rich chocolate ganache. My cheesy reaction? "It's like a celestial version of a Reese's Cup." We're still snacking on it. (And of course I made TJ hold the cake outside for better light. I had to do this beauty some justice.)



I decided we should start a tradition of lighting a candle for every year of marriage. Guess this means we have to have a yummy dessert every year!


You might want to wipe that drool off now.

I loved that we kept things so simple. It was fitting. For our gifts, I gave TJ a book of all my blog posts that involved him from the time we first met until about April. No, it was not all of my blog. I put it together and printed it through Blurb, and it turned out beautifully. TJ put together a video using iMovie with pictures of the two of us since our dating days until present. We laughed when we realized how similar our gifts were. Both were very heartfelt and nostalgic. I love personal gifts more than anything else, and it was a truly beautiful day. I'm also looking forward to our bigger anniversary celebration in July, when we'll be flying out to Sacramento to visit TJ's mission. We appreciated those who congratulated us on our special day!

Our first year was not an easy one. But it was a year full of memories, experiences, and love. We're closer than ever and still learning. One of the songs TJ put on our video was "Then" by Brad Paisley. Its  lyrics describe perfectly how we feel about each other.




"And I thought I loved you then."

2 comments :

  1. I hope you saved a piece of that YUMMY looking cake for your wonderful Mom??? JK!!!! I love you both!!!!!!!
    love,
    MOM
    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy heaven, that cake looked amazing. I like the look on TJ's face while he's holding it for you outside, haha. You guys are so sweet--and that song is one of the best, Mac & I danced to it at our reception for our first dance<3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)