room decor.

Our apartment consists mainly of brick walls. We aren't allowed to drill into said walls, which makes decorating somewhat difficult. Even picture-hanging strips don't stick well....it takes twice as many as it should to hold things up because the bricks are porous.

Apartments = Annoying

This situation has forced me to get creative. Our bedroom was previously the barest room in our home. I decided to do a picture collage between the two windows. I cut the monogram out of scrapbook paper on my mom's Cricut. Then I mounted 4x6 and 5x7 photos on foam poster board (so it would be lightweight). I then stuck everything to the wall using Elmer's tack (it's orange, sticky clay-like stuff). 




The wall above our bed is the largest space, and while this project didn't fill the space, I think it brings a nice splash of color into our room, and ties in with our beautiful handmade wedding quilt, which I will post a picture of shortly. For this one, I took a 12x12 square of foam poster board and glued a double-layered 10x10 square in the middle, to create a beveled edge. Then I wrapped them and stapled the fabric to the back. These I did use 3M picture strips to hang, but since they're so light I figured they would hold pretty well (I only used one per square).



Do any of you have cute ideas for decorating an apartment?

(PS, why yes I did use my new camera for these!)

3 comments :

  1. Kylie, you just amaze me. This is all GENIUS! So cute and so affordable. I'm in love!! Gosh, you're so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! That's what I love...cute and affordable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute! I love the fabric boards! The colors are great! And I am jealous of your camera...so incredibly bummed about mine...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)