construction ahead.


"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on: you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently he starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of--throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were going to be made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself."

-CS Lewis, retelling a parable by George MacDonald

images via google.


7 comments :

  1. LOVE this post girlie! Awe...and you picked the SD temple! :) Can't wait til you can come over again so we can go there again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the SD temple, and I've always thought it looks like a castle/palace....and now I can say it does on the inside too. I can't wait until we come out again either! We miss San Diego....

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw, I just realized I commented on your blog from Tim's google account...he would really appreciate the 'girlie' part...hahahaha that's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kylie! Your blog was up when I sat down to use the computer....half an hour later....:)...I'm loving it! Your stories are well written...love your quotes (I may borrow them for the guidebook I'm writing for health & healing!!) Love the castle after the quote (we were just there 2 wks ago doing baptisms w/ our ward YW :)
    Your creativity...flowers like my girls love making too!!! Being reminded of subbing last week in nursery & how much I loved it like you love your Sunbeams....on & on. Thanks for sharing your "Wonderful Life" :)
    love,
    Charis' mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much, Audrey! I'm glad that you enjoy reading. This blog is really for me to document everything and to have a creative space, but it always makes me happy when it inspires others. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes...it was some nice down time at the end of my day - enjoying your creativity :)
    Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)