bangs.

Sometimes, you feel like a change, so you get bangs.
I haven't had straight-across bangs since I was, oh, about 8.
This time though, I don't rat them to staggering heights. Gotta love the '90s.
I like the change, but I'm still getting used to the fringe in my eyes.

In other news, I just finished reading my third novel of the year. I had a goal to read six.
I really should know myself better, and should've set a higher number,
But at least I'll feel good about myself when I exceed my goals!

The book I just finished is called Meg's Melody.
It's written by LDS author Kaylee Baldwin, who happened to grow up in Mesa.
A really good, fairly fast read (started it this morning at work, finished it tonight, not reading non-stop).
It's not your typical LDS novel, even if some of the characters can be cliche at times.
I actually loved, and it had a lot of emotion. I [like] emotion.

I have some other exciting news.
I got a new (used) camera! I'm having lots of fun with it, but I still need to get a memory card reader.
That's why the above picture is from a webcam, and there haven't been any new pictures lately.
I will update with lots of photos soon, hopefully!
(The camera is a Canon 20D, if anyone cares to know.)

That's all.

9 comments :

  1. SO cute! Bangs are a great look for you Kylie! :) Lucky...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting about your new camera! I didn't know you were into photography! Your bangs look adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacquie: Thanks! I wasn't sure if I could pull them off, but I was pleasantly surprised.

    Brittany: It is exciting! And I've been into photography as a hobby for a few years now, but haven't had a really nice camera until now. This one is 5 years old, but it works fine for me. And thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, 3 books a year would be a good goal for me right now, because even though during winter break I was so book-thirsty I was reading 3 at once, I wasn't quick enough to finish any of them before school started, and have made little progress since then. It does feel like a good time for a change, doesn't it? My sister and I have plans for her to cut my hair this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your hair! You looked super cute!
    PS: Did you know Kaylee Baldwin is Lyndsie's older sister? I need to read that book too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! And what a small world! I borrowed the book from my mom, who borrowed it from her friend, who went to high school with Kaylee. I heard she's writing another one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you look darling with the bangs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't imagine how you find time to read novels when you are so busy with school. I have been reading 1-2 books a month and am loving dipping into other genres that I normally probably wouldn't get in to. Want some ideas, let me know!
    Oh, and I LOVE the bangs. but, I think I told you that already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well.....I read that one on Spring Break. And truth be told, I put off the school work sometimes to give myself some pleasure reading. For shortish novels, I average about two days each, so it really isn't taking up too much time right??

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)