of late.

It's high time I do a journaling post of the activities we've been doing.

*Warning: If you don't like blood, you may not like some of the following images.*


The night before New Year's Eve, we decided to go out. Beat the crowds. There were no crowds, there was just major snow. We wound up at El Capitan. Not too shabby.

Photobucket
Then on January 2, we made our second ER visit in two months. See, I was crafting and had the glass of a frame sitting on top of something, which was on top of TJ's laptop. He didn't see the glass and went to grab his laptop.....and sliced his thumb open. Luckily he didn't cut any tendons or anything, but it was gushing blood and looked pretty deep, so off we went. Per my advice (insisting), he arrived with it bandaged in a feminine pad (sanitary + built to absorb). He actually soaked through two. See? Girls' Camp first aid in action!

Here's the lovely wound:
Photobucket

Doc gave him 3 stitches.
Photobucket

Keeping it bandaged and clean afterwards was tons of fun!
Photobucket

He was so brave and hardly complained, even though he was in a lot of pain. I was crying a lot (of course) and felt terrible (I blamed myself). Nothing from this guy, even though they made him wait for three hours without offering anything for the pain.
Photobucket

The weekend after that, my brother Sheldon came up for a visit. We took him up to Snowbowl to see all of the snow. (And yes, TJ is wearing my sunglasses.)
Photobucket


We'd already been planning a temple trip, so TJ and I went to the Snowflake Temple on Saturday. It was wonderful, as always. This was my first time going there for anything besides baptisms for the dead.
Photobucket


TJ finally got his violin tuned, and played for me for the first time ever. He played in jr. high and quit sometime in high school to pursue football. He hasn't played in about 5 years, but sounded beautiful to me.
Photobucket


Later on in January, TJ and I had the opportunity to speak in the Grand Canyon Branch of our church. They ask people from other areas to speak once a month because they're so small. Well, we got into the park for free because we were going to church, and so we decide we may as well go see that big hole in the ground. It's always breathtaking:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And that's our January, a month later.

2 comments :

  1. You should remind TJ he promised to play violin for me sometime haha! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good for you, I could NEVER convince my hubby to go to the ER with a feminine hygiene product around his sliced hand! lol

    Oh I love all those pics! I need to take Rob to the Grand Canyon, he's never been!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)