someday.

Someday, when I have a slightly larger home, I'll throw dinner parties.
The kind where you serve fancy dishes and use your best serving ware and dress up.
Just because.

Someday, I'll have barbecues and birthday parties.
The kind where you invite all your friends and wear jeans and use paper plates.
Because sometimes those are more fun.

Someday we'll have a dog.
With a backyard for it to play in.
Because we are dog people.

Someday, we'll take our kids to Disneyland.
And then spend hours at the beach, without a care.
Because we love those places.
And it will remind us
of when we first started out.

Someday, I'll have a room (or two) in my house
Dedicated to creating.
Art, crafting, painting, projects.

Someday, my house will be the house where all the neighborhood kids like to hang out.
The cool mom that always has fresh snacks and fun games.
Kids running around, laughing, playing.
It's always been my dream.

Someday, I'll have a piano
On which I will improve my skills
And beautiful music will be made and heard
By our family.

*** * ***

For now, we'll invite a couple friends over.
Because we only have four chairs at our table.
And a love seat for movies.
I'll make enchiladas, and we'll make memories.
I'll dream about my babies.
And want them so bad, it hurts.
We'll listen to music on our computers.
I'll create on our tiny kitchen table.
But we'll enjoy this time together.
Just the two of us.
In our tiny apartment.
One adventure at a time.

I love to dream,
but...
I love my life.

3 comments :

  1. I love you, NOW and Someday, too! =)
    xoxoxox, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post :) Your writing is very poetic and inspiring, if you will! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)