recipe.

One nice thing about not having school
means that I can take TJ to work,
and then take him dinner.

Last week, I had the opportunity to do this.
I had no idea what to make, so I made do with what I had.

Mini Bacon, Spinach, and Avocado Sandwiches

I found a package of Kings Hawaiian sweet rolls on clearance at Walmart.
So I warmed those up in the oven.
I already had a package of baby spinach.
Then I browned some pre-cooked turkey bacon on the stove.
Then I sliced up an avocado.
Then I assembled my mini sandwiches:
Little mayo on the top half,
couple of leaves of spinach,
once slice of bacon, cut in two,
two slices of avocado.

I served these with a potato, garlic, and onion sautee.

Sautee half an onion, chopped, in olive oil.
When the onions are almost cooked, add one clove of minced garlic.
Boil a few potatoes, chopped.
Add potatoes to garlic and onion mixture.
Sautee for a few minutes with salt & pepper, and a little chili powder.


Like I said, I worked with what I had :)
(Sorry, no pictures.)

1 comment :

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)