to be creative.


I took this quiz.

Here are my results:

Creativity is a release.

For you, creativity is first and foremost a form of expression: it creates a special link between the internal and external worlds [....] In fact, the most important thing for you is to be able to release your emotions. You need to be able to touch them or look at them in concrete form, and to do that you have to find a way to make them come alive.... if you turn your creative urges on everyday life — making a picnic, singing to the baby, choosing what to wear — you can express yourself [....] Creativity is principally cathartic. It relieves a deep need, an almost primal, archaic impulse. For you, being creative is about having the power to give form to something you feel [...] For these reasons you are usually attracted to art that demands physicality, that allows you to express what’s inside, and that unites spontaneity, strength, freedom, power and movement.

While these results are somewhat deep and not entirely true, in my opinion, I think they have some merit. I believe there is a need and desire to create within each of us. This can be expressed in many ways....be it through painting, singing, dancing, having children, sculpting, crafting, sewing, writing....you name it!

A couple of weeks ago, I decided I wanted to paint. I've never really painted before in my life. I took art in 7th grade, but we did pastels and sand paintings and tissue paper collages. I've always loved drawing, and have a couple of sketchbooks.

I told TJ about my desire, and he told me to go for it. So off to Michael's I went, purchasing the cheapest supplies I could. And the next day I started my first painting. I finished it last night.


Please take the time to watch this video.

4 comments :

  1. I took the quiz. It said for me Creativity enriches me. It was pretty close in describing how I feel when I "create" something. I like your painting =) It's very cute. You should do more!
    xoxoxo,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I did the quiz too and got the same thing! You are definitely so creative! And I love the painting too! It is very simply beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all, GROSS. this is the most amazing first attempt at painting that i have ever seen.

    second of all...i love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously..1st attempt? so not fair...I don't even want to take this quiz!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I love reading your thoughts, too :)